Jackson Hole Lodging

ectobar

Anyone ever stay in the Hostel? My buddy just sent me the link and it looks mighty affordable...and says it has a pingpong/pool/shuffleboard tables.

Where you guys staying?

Those prices for a private room aren't great. Doug and I are staying at the 49er in a "suite" for $100/night. The standard 2 queen rooms are like $80/night. It's a nice hotel with free shuttle service to the mountain, hot tub and close to a lot of restaurants. There are cheaper alternatives (Antler Inn). However, if you book lodging through central reservations, you get a pretty good deal on lift tickets.

I've never stayed in a Hostel. Wasn't really looking too, but a friend sent me the link because he thought it might be interesting. I'm looking at 4 people going right now, so I guess thats why he thought the hostel might be cheap. The 49er sounds good though, I'll give it a look. Thanks guys. Looks like I'll be heading out there the week of 2/22, stoked!

How about getting from the airport to the town? You guys rent a car, or just take some kind of shuttle?

I've never stayed in a Hostel. Wasn't really looking too, but a friend sent me the link because he thought it might be interesting. I'm looking at 4 people going right now, so I guess thats why he thought the hostel might be cheap. The 49er sounds good though, I'll give it a look. Thanks guys. Looks like I'll be heading out there the week of 2/22, stoked!

How about getting from the airport to the town? You guys rent a car, or just take some kind of shuttle?

No need for a car in Jackson. Transportation is great in the town of Jackson and Teton Village. The 49er has shuttles to and from the mountain, however, the town busses run everywhere and very frequently. To get from the airport, you can either take a cab, or use Alltrans ( http://www.jacksonholealltrans.com )