New years weekend

be85

OK how much better does it get in PA.

skiing on friday and saturday at SNO. Conditions are great. Tons of fun today.

Have the kids set for lessons during the key football games.

So pumped to watch the eagles kick some cowboy ass.

Only if the phillies beat the stankees would the weekend, and year, be complete.

really, doesn't get much better than this.

Skied Sno with my son on New Years Eve. The place was EMPTY! The 2" of new snow was still on the trails. Some of the drop offs and center of the trails were scraped off but the conditions were still great. Started snowing around 7:00pm and kept up until we left at 9:30. I think if we stayed until 10:00 we would have been the only ones on the slopes!

The lights are better but they still need some work. They need to hire a lighting expert instead of having "Joe the maintenance guy" hang lights on some poles. Seems they bought some spot lights when they should have bought flood lights and hung them higher.

Oh well. My son pointed out that the place is a lot better than when it was Montage. I'm sure that Camelback and Blue would have been scraped down to ice by the time we got to Sno. A great night, great conditions, and no crowds. Ski right onto the lift. Boomer had some nice small bumps forming which were fun. If they could just get the lighting right the place would be perfect. For $28.00 and $25.00 (my son got a $3.00 discount with his college I.D.) A great night and a great deal.

I noticed that they have fire pits on the deck (gas?). A nice apres ski addition. But fix the lights!

They need to hire a lighting expert instead of having "Joe the maintenance guy" hang lights on some poles. Seems they bought some spot lights when they should have bought flood lights and hung them higher.

Yeah.. I think they're moving in the right direction, but the whole lights-on-top-of-telephone-poles thing isn't very effective.