New Years TR to Stowe and Mad River

snoskier

Just got back from a two day ski trip which turned into a four day trip. I didn't take a ton of pictures, but I'll eventually post what I did take.

On December 30 my buddy and I decided to make the trip up to Vermont and ski Stowe. So we booked a cheap place at the riverside inn and started up after work on NYE. We made it up about an hour before the ball dropped, cracked a long trail and watched it on TV. Our plan was to ski stowe and maybe Mad River.

Day 1 Stowe

• Like 2

Days 1 and 2 at Riverside was actually really good. For 69 a night I don't think you can beat it. Our room had two beds (singles or doubles) and the bathroom was right across the hall. The owners were really nice and accommodating. I had no complaints staying there. But, I'm pretty low maintenance and can sleep anywhere.

Days 3 and 4 were at the Barn which had rooms with their own bathrooms and a super chill vibe. They had an on site bar and a big lounge area. Plus we got breakfast the next day.

The lesson wasn't too bad. It was 145 for two people for two hours. So 72 each. It was worth it to get personalized instruction on an area where you need improvement. It was worth every penny.

It was certainly one of the best trips I've ever had to Vermont.