This Weekend at Blue

Metz the Jersey boy

Just saying, those wide skis aren't as maneuverable on eastern snow. The Goats are great skis, but just not made for this stuff out here. As for rockered skis... yeah... I'm not a fan. Everyone is making them next year... and K2's entire line is rockered with the exception of a few models. Rocker is great in knee-deep powder, but the only reason to ski something rockered out here is if you need help turning or staying out of the back seat. I'm not saying you all should change your skis... just saying its a bit of overkill for 99% of the ski days in the east. Just my humble opinion, but Blue isn't exactly what they had in mind when they started making "big mountain" skis like those fatties you guys like to get on.

i'm well aware that blue was not the target market for what we ski on. that said, rockered skis force you to not ski backseat, they don't make it easier to get out of the backseat. i don't quite understand why k2's entire line is going rockered tip next year. it makes sense on the beginner stuff to keep from catching edges and the freeride oriented stuff for softer snow/crud, but on the crossfire or it's equivalent, i don't see the benefit.

i'm well aware that blue was not the target market for what we ski on. that said, rockered skis force you to not ski backseat, they don't make it easier to get out of the backseat. i don't quite understand why k2's entire line is going rockered tip next year. it makes sense on the beginner stuff to keep from catching edges and the freeride oriented stuff for softer snow/crud, but on the crossfire or it's equivalent, i don't see the benefit.

I'm not sure if its the ENTIRE line, but I know that the large majority of it is, with the exception of just a couple models. It definitely makes turn initiation easier, and who knows, maybe its the next "it" thing, like shaped skis were. I just can't really see high level skiers who ski hardpack adopting it so much. And at least you admit that blue wasn't the target market. haha. I know the back bowl at blue gets pretty intense, though :rofl

All of this being said though... I'd love to have a pair of fatties strapped to my back if I was planning on skiing Tuck's anytime soon.

I'm not sure if its the ENTIRE line, but I know that the large majority of it is, with the exception of just a couple models. It definitely makes turn initiation easier, and who knows, maybe its the next "it" thing, like shaped skis were. I just can't really see high level skiers who ski hardpack adopting it so much. And at least you admit that blue wasn't the target market. haha. I know the back bowl at blue gets pretty intense, though :rofl

All of this being said though... I'd love to have a pair of fatties strapped to my back if I was planning on skiing Tuck's anytime soon.

i've seen next year's stuff, and i'm near positive it's the whole line. their pipe ski for next year is the only one that might not have rocker. i know it's camber underfoot, but it may or may not have jib rocker tip and tail. i've skied a bunch of other stuff, from SL and GS race skis, to fully rockered hellbents, so i'm well aware of the tradeoff i'm making by not skiing a narrower ski. basically, i won't buy an all mountain ski that doesnt have a twin tip, because at some point during any given run, i'm probably riding switch, and the wider it is, the less likely i am to ride park with it, so the edges on my wide skis tend to stay much nicer than my narrower skis do, hence why my 105mm waisted obsethed is my carving ski haha

Justo, your level of education is refreshing. haha. You were up at the trade show? I wasn't there... but my buddy came home with a free pair of boots and a free pair of skis. Lucky bastard... must be nice to be the guy who does the purchasing.

nah, i guess i misspoke. i havent physically touched next years, but i've seen the printouts for purchasing, which list all the goofy-named technology that each ski possesses.