Memories from the winter

bigdaddyk

Flew out to colorado with my buddy in February. The entire trip cost us each $500. My friend and I explored a lot of the denver/boulder/summit county area. Then we skiied for 4 four days at winter park, breckenridge, loveland, and copper. At winter park, breck, and loveland we received fresh pow and skied some sick hike to terrain. At copper, we ended up being in the right place at the right time. Ski patrol had just finished dynamiting tucker mountain and they ended up at the bottom of the same trail we were on. They asked for some skiers to test out the run and me and my friend volunteered. After being taken up in a cat with a few others, hiking for ten minutes, we were the first to ski tucker mountain in the 2009-2010 season. The snow at the top was crusty and hard to ski, but the bottom had really nice powder. Even though the run was short, the whole experience was awesome and I made an video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU4EHtC8OKs.

The snowstorms that hit this year were sick as well. During the snowstorms, I was one of the first up the lift to ski the fresh pow. I never believed snow like that could fall in PA. It was incredible. The snow was so deep in some spots there were face shots at bear creek. Also, during that time I hucked myself into fresh snow which was a lot of fun. This last winter was sick.