BCironworks & GoPro - Opening Edit Contest !$!$!$!

skeer_tomas

Yo what up guys, Just saw the vids on you tube some of em are insane! And for those vids applause goes out to the filmers and editers for sure! But honestly some of the vids (no names necessary) although solid riding was showcased I didnt really feel are deserving of the lime light. I hate to be a hater and you know what? Maybe I have my head up my ass and am just down right arrogant, but this vid def deserves the third spot in the non go pro category as far as riding and editing goes. The weaker video in that category (once again no names necessary) really does not showcase a competitive level of either in my opinion. Anyway Heres the vid.

Trash it, love it, criticize it, or even me! Have a field day! but any feedback would be much appreciated and if you feel the same way, hell, post your video's and we can all live in our own worlds and claim we have the best video on this forum! But constructive feedback is definitely preferred.

Oh yeah and i realize that this video does lack on the portrayal of sponsors....

i think they focused a lot on the actual editing. not sure if thats your video or not and i dont edit so im not really one to say but i didnt notice any use of transitions or effects. effects can take away from teh video if theyre used excessivly and it wasnt bad, but without them the video seems choppy, it doesnt flow. also if gopro donated the cameras for prizes they want something in return, which is the advertising they get by getting their logo in the videos.

Edited by MollyProsser

When we judged them we had a score of 1-5 for a bunch of different categories. Since we're on the topic of logos/portrayal of sponsors I'll talk a little bit about how we judged that. Here are some factors we ran into.

-A video without any of the provided logos might get a 1.

-No logos + If they put incorporated some good shots of the resort in it, they might get a 2.

-If they had logos but modified them like they weren't supposed to, 3.

-Logos in the intro/credits, 4

-Logos in the intro/credits w/ some kind of special effect + good shots of the resort, 5

It was our first year with this and we learned a lot just during the process of the whole thing but for next year I already have some changes in mind.

The public round of judging ends tonight at 10pm so head over to the youtube channel and vote!

GoPro Only Entries

General Entries

Very cool contest btw, Nice way to showcase some talent since bears insurance or whatver is sketchy about comps. wish I would have gotten a gopro a few days earlier so I could have thrown something together. But some ofthe edits are really good and the prizes are sick. Hopefully another contest like this in the future. Props to bc ironworks for putting it together