Sugarloaf 4-22-13

Ride Delaware ?

Once again, I'm a little late, but since we are down to the end of the season for most of us, especially us East Coasters, I will spread out my remaining two TRs.

After a stellar day the previous Wednesday, and with Sugarloaf being the last remaining resort in Maine operating daily, we decided on the obvious no brainer to return. Since it was supposed to be chillier than the past Wednesday, we decided to arrive around 10:30 so that the sun would warm up the snow and put some of the natural stuff in play. Unfortunately, it remained below freezing at the top, and no natural stuff came into play. I tried ducking into the woods, and while edgeable, it wasn't enjoyable, so I ducked back out. They had gone from 5 lifts to 2 since the entire mountain is accessible from those, and in stark contrast to the school vacation the previous week, nobody was there. However, the mid mountain lodge at Bullwinkle's was still hopping. Out of 115 "open" trails, only 24 were groomed, but the groomed snow became very corn like. I would imagine that the ungroomed snow was just a couple degrees away from really breaking loose and becoming enjoyable. It was also tougher because there was less mechanical breakup due to less traffic.

Hit the parks a lot since that's what the crew wanted to do. Perfect mid season parks with two rail parks, two pipes, and a 4 jump line with 30-50 ft booters. Amazing park setup for April 22nd. Once again, very few bare spots. Incredible coverage.

null-9.jpgnull-10.jpgnull-11.jpgnull-12.jpgnull-13.jpg

Edited by Ride Delaware ?