TR Jack Frost 2-16-14

guitar73

it was another fun day up at jack frost yesterday. subaru was putting on a subaru owner appreciation day: good times. we pulled into the lot around 8:15ish (VIP lot for subarus only...most excellent) and got booted up. checked out the subaru tents and got some free swag. we headed over to east mtn to ditch the president's day crowd. t-bolt glades was tasty goodness. floyd's was pretty good in the morning, so was river shot.....but both quickly got scraped off by the huge volume of skier traffic. the only good ways down were the elevator or risk it, lol.

it was very nice to have all the trees in play today: happyland, one park (didn't ski it), t-bolt, elevator glades, gonzo's, mark's way were all in tip top shape. lift lines under the east mtn and challange chairs were nicely filled in as well, but i didn't get around to trying them out. bumps on challenge and exhibition were pillow soft. it was certainly a treat to have such soft (non-boiler plate icy) conditions in PA for a change. run of the day was anything in the trees.

subaru brought in nordica demos. the rep had all 2015 skis, so that was nice to see a little bit of whats coming out for next season. i demo'd the firearrow 76 (168cm??) and the energy 90 (180cm). eventhough it wasn't the best day for them, i really liked the firearrow...very easy to get on edge, tight turning radius, very light, and had tons of energy. this ski really didn't like the chopped up cruddy stuff. i did take them into the bumps and found them to be suprizingly adequate. the energy 90 was very stable at speed and ate up the choppy snow, but i found them to be cumbersome in the bumps. also, with two sheets of metal i found them to be a little too stiff for my taste.

afterwards we hit up the e2000 lounge for suds, wings, and an extremely loud 80's cover band (that was very good btw).

• Like 1