Sugarbush: Lincoln Peak 3-2-14

Ride Delaware ?

OutCold and his wife came up for a ski trip, and after spending yesterday at Mount Ellen (Sugarbush North/Glen Ellen), they decided that we should hit up LP today.

We took our time getting to the mountain since we wanted to start on some mellow terrain and Gate House doesn't open until 9. I took my sweet ass time and we didn't get on the lift until 10. Heaven's Gate and Valley House were on mechanical hold (slew of mechanical failures and lift closures all over this year), so there was extra stress on the base area lifts. Since there hasn't been much snow lately, it wasn't as packed as it has been in the past several weekends. The lift line for Gate House was 3-5 minutes while Bravo was closer to 10.

The temps hovered around 20 at the base with snow falling on and off thought the day, but not amounting to much. 3" of pixie dust fell overnight adding a nice coating. We lapped Gate House for 7-8 runs then headed over to Bravo for a run. Groomed packed powder was in abundance. Went back to Gate House to go to the Village Run trail to return to the condo for lunch.

They had groomed Village Run, but since it is mostly uphill, it didn't help much. I won't be taking that trail again unless it's an absolute necessity. It was a workout.

OutCold's wife decided to call it quits at lunch and we decided to head out and hit some trees off the Bravo lift. We hit a tree shot off of Twist that exits onto the mall, then decided to hit Eden between Spring Fling and Snowball. We followed that by going into Egan's that is farther skiers left than the Twist tree shot. All of them had excellent coverage with only a few small rocks and trees sticking up. Those were easily avoidable. Then we went back to Gate House to try Sleeper woods, and they were pretty thin. Lots of rocks and trees and thin spots. It looked nothing like it did two weeks ago. It needs a solid foot before it is really good again. We decided to call it quits afterward.

I'm usually patrolling on weekends to circumvent the crowds, but today was pretty fun and not too crowded. Definitely glad I went. Pics below:

post-2722-139381862085_thumb.jpg

post-2722-139381863644_thumb.jpg

post-2722-139381865566_thumb.jpg

post-2722-139381866911_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ride Delaware ?
  • Like 3