JF 1/25

Mess

Pulled into JF parking lot at 9:30 and realized how nice it is to ski midweek.  Place was fairly empty.  Never waited to get on a lift and for the most part trails were spread out except the beginner trails in the afternoon.  

My son and I started on Snowflake to Easy Rider.  I was surprised how tentative he was to start.  He was really nervous but I am guessing he is getting old enough to realize you can get hurt skiing.  He was plowing way too much so we worked most of the day on keeping his skis parallel. 

Next run was Easy rider.  He saw some kids going through the woods and wanted in.  Lots of coverage in the Spunky's secret area.  This ended up being his favorite run.

Surprised to see ice on Lehigh headwall but after watching the everyone including snowboarders plowing it made sense.

Snow was great on Demise and Exhibition.  Bumps were icy.  We took a few runs on Thunder and then Challenge.  I have not been on challenge in a while but was pleasantly surprised on the steepness of the first headwall.

Didn't get a chance to take any runs on East Mountain.  Didn't feel like My son was ready.  We did go up the lift to take a look.  Saw a few skiers on Floyds and then snow looked good.  Elevator was closed.

Fun day overall because of the time working with Jackson.

• Like 1