Sunday 3/5

Mess

Arrived at Lodge 8:20.  Temperature 10 degrees. Pretty low crowds in the lodge and on the mountain all day.  1st run was snow flake to ridge rider and was able to go into Spunky's secret at the end of trail..  Snow was pretty good groomed hardpack.  Got on Lift and saw Lehigh was icy,lots of brown showing and closed. Next run was Jane's way which once again was pretty great. Sons hands were cold so went in lodge to get him hand warmers.  Headed to Exhibition snow wasn't great had some snow that reminded me of marbles at the bottom.  Demise was much better on the next run.  As temperatures rose up to 36 snow continued to get better.  Next run was Thunderbolt which was a fun run.  Best trail of the day was challenge, conditions were awesome.  They must have blown a ton of snow on it and by the end of the day it was hero snow.  Went to East mountain for a run down Rivershot.  Snow seemed good but I hit a big ice patch skiers left on the last headwall.  Decided to stay away for the rest of the day although snow seemed good on the other side of the trail.  Floyd was open but looked like a lot of ice on the runout.  We were getting a little bored so we went down terrain park.  1st time trying to hit some jumps in a terrain park.  It was fun for my 1st three "jumps" on the trail but as my confidence rose I thought I would jump off the side of a bigger Jump and said oh shit when I saw the drop and realized I was a couple feet of the ground.  Ended up falling on that Jump and realized a 41 year old man with reconstructed ACL should not be trying a terrain park for the first time.  We lapped Challenge a few times. Ended our day at 12:45 and then headed to White Haven Diner.  I have 2 more lift tickets for Frost and 1 for Montage.  Not sure I will get to use them this year.

• Like 5