Camelback Super Bowl Sunday

Mess

Arrived at CBK Lodge Lot at 8:40.  On mountain skiing by 9:00.  Started on the Stevenson express with no lines.  First run was Nile Mile snow was great.  Next run was Pocono Raceway even better snow and a fun run.  Real wide-open trail to ourselves.  I convinced my son to do cliff hanger.  He was a little tentative because of his first run on a "double Diamond" this year but managed himself well and wanted to do a second run which was much better.  The lift line started to get a little crowded.  We did another run on Pocono Raceway and took a look at the new trail scarab which is just a 30 yard connector.  We then skied Julius caesar to honeymoon to get to the Sullivan express.  We planned to take a break at the upper lodge now Called Kartrites summit house.  I always liked taking a break there and having a coffee/hot chocolate.  Apparently it is now a little more upscale restaurant and we were told it was closed until 11:00.  We went down Rocket to get to the main lodge.  Snow was pretty good with soft snow but a few hard pack/ice spots from people using it off earlier.  My son made it through the more challenging headwall but ended up falling after hitting a soft snow bump and crossing his tips.  He was ok but it aggravated his ankle that that he tweeted yesterday at basketball.  It also hurt his confidence.

After our break the lines were definitely longer and I found some people doing annoying things like not moving in line when it was there turn to alternate as well as some people not taking turns.  At one point I pushed in since a group of guys was not waiting their turn.  I ended up falling in the lift line which was crazy and a little embarrassing.  I am pretty sure one of the guys behind me either popped me binding or got their ski on top of mine.  Either way I have now fallen twice on the season on a bunny hill last week and now the lift line.  I am becoming a worst skier as I get older.

We ended up skiing King Tut and then we skied Big Pocono.  Both were fun runs but my son said his ankle was giving out on him and he didn't want to ski any more steep trails.  We finished by skiing Upper Cleopatra/Lower Cleopatra back to CBk/Lodge.  My son said he was done and didn't want to push his ankle so we called it a day.  We went to Billy's dinner in Tannersville on the way home.  Pretty good food and reasonable.

Today was my first time at Camelback since the Hotel was opened.  I have always skied on Sundays and it was clear that the crowds on the Lift lines arrived earlier then the past.  I always felt lifelines got long around 11:00 on Sundays but it happened around 10:00 today.  I have 2 more visits this year since I purchased the triple ticket.  

• Like 5