New at Shawnee

parkbuilder

As long as its painted it shouldn't be too bad, considering its only 7' i'm not too worried, by the time you put a tranny up to it your only talking like 3 or 4 feet above the snow TOPS - creek's wallride is 1/3 under snow at the start of the day and by the end of the day you can see the bottom because the tranny gets rutted out

As long as its painted it shouldn't be too bad, considering its only 7' i'm not too worried, by the time you put a tranny up to it your only talking like 3 or 4 feet above the snow TOPS - creek's wallride is 1/3 under snow at the start of the day and by the end of the day you can see the bottom because the tranny gets rutted out

na man you will have more than 3-4 feet of wall, id say a good 6' of wall to slide (which still isn't big). The thing is is that since ill be there to fix the base of the wallride we will have better maintained transitions. It's gonna be crazy, and if i see hiking going on for the wall (which is almost a definate) ill just chill with everyone until it gets shitty, then Ill fix it up for everyone... 7' is not hard to work with, 16' like creeks with a 10' tranny.... you need cats to do that work!

na man you will have more than 3-4 feet of wall, id say a good 6' of wall to slide (which still isn't big). The thing is is that since ill be there to fix the base of the wallride we will have better maintained transitions. It's gonna be crazy, and if i see hiking going on for the wall (which is almost a definate) ill just chill with everyone until it gets shitty, then Ill fix it up for everyone... 7' is not hard to work with, 16' like creeks with a 10' tranny.... you need cats to do that work!

Yea and they only pull the cats out at night obviously (although once i somehow got like 15' behind a cat going down the park with the tiller grooming and carved some 30 second old corderoy, so glad no one saw me cuz thats like season pass getting ripped right there, but whatever) and so the tranny turns to shit and theres no way in hell to fix it. The creek wallride is a massive waste of snow, you could make a 40' hit out of it easily becuase you have a 10' hi tranny and then it slopes down the back gradually, and they had to make a level spot on a downslope so its so much snow.

I'm definately looking forward to hitting up shawnee's park this year. As long as the rails aren't all ride on it should be fun.

Wont the plywood start to chip, and get stuck in your base? I have never been on one with plywood so help me out.

Plywood will never get stuck in your base, thats next to impossible due to the angle of the wall. I don't see it chipping at all this season considering it will have a good layer of paint on there as well. Its actually one solid sheet of wood, not bits glued together the way you might be thinking. I have personally rode plywood and its really not bad at all. No worries! ( and if it does get bad by some circumstance... I'll be the first to screw in some new plexi!... And you can quote me )

perfectly aware of that... The main park guy there wants to set up the wall ride the wrong way already, he wants it over to the side rather than trying to hit it straight, lets hope they listen to me <_<

congrats on the job you almost have lol..shawnee set up the rails really bad last year.. me and my crew were always fixing them to make em better.. then we got in trouble. oh well. but if you are looking for ideas let me know.. we had a bunch last year.. one last thing.. make everything good! haha

congrats on the job you almost have lol..shawnee set up the rails really bad last year.. me and my crew were always fixing them to make em better.. then we got in trouble. oh well. but if you are looking for ideas let me know.. we had a bunch last year.. one last thing.. make everything good! haha

That quote is really old man lol, i have the job... but thanks anyway :D . Im always down for hearing ideas. We are actually bringing in a guy from sunday river to help with the initial construction which we hope to begin sometime next week. The setups will be good this year. I think this season will be one of the best yet.

That quote is really old man lol, i have the job... but thanks anyway :D . Im always down for hearing ideas. We are actually bringing in a guy from sunday river to help with the initial construction which we hope to begin sometime next week. The setups will be good this year. I think this season will be one of the best yet.

haha sorry.. i just joined i dont know whats new and whats not.. that should be cool.. do you think shawnee will open this weekend? if they are whens the park going to be open.

i cant wait to ride.. we were riding all weekend cause we have a snowmaker set up (the kids from www.bradsplace.org) so im ready to go. haha

haha sorry.. i just joined i dont know whats new and whats not.. that should be cool.. do you think shawnee will open this weekend? if they are whens the park going to be open.

i cant wait to ride.. we were riding all weekend cause we have a snowmaker set up (the kids from www.bradsplace.org) so im ready to go. haha

I haven't been to work in about 2 weeks only because I'm not really needed until construction begins on the park. I should be headed back sometime next week for the building of the park which should open within the next 2 weeks. As for this weekend... I believe they have a good amount of whales left over that made it through all the rain, but it will all depend on thursday and friday snowmaking. I honestly don't see it happening, but then again you never know. The temps are going to stay cold from now on, at least in the 15 day forecast, so snowmaking shouldn't be a problem. Pray something opens.

Edited by parkbuilder