New at Shawnee

parkbuilder

Shawnee will be introducing a brand new wall ride, and a new pipe magician groomer this year in their parks. Just a little heads up for whats in store  :D

32851[/snapback]

Congratulations on your new job, and good luck with bringing shawnee's park up to what it should be (and what they claim for it....)

It's good to see someone with obvious enthusiasm for it, in a position to do something about it.

Congratulations on your new job, and good luck with bringing shawnee's park up to what it should be (and what they claim for it....)

It's good to see someone with obvious enthusiasm for it, in a position to do something about it.

32853[/snapback]

I agreee with what he said..... Congrats!!

32853[/snapback]

The job isn't 100% mine just yet, I'm waiting for a call this week to discuss some logistics, but it was made apparent that the job was mine, so lets pray it works out!

wall ride eh, well i hope they set it up good....they didnt set up their rails too good last season

32945[/snapback]

perfectly aware of that... The main park guy there wants to set up the wall ride the wrong way already, he wants it over to the side rather than trying to hit it straight, lets hope they listen to me <_<

lets hope they do lesson to you. i was bearly able to do the bc one well and that was straight on. i can't imagen what a sideways one would be like.

32963[/snapback]

dont even try to think about it, i was close being able to stall the 16' one at creek, but if you look at my member gallery pic it took a little getting used to. :unsure:

http://www.paskiandride.com/forums/index.p...&cmd=si&img=425

• 1 month later...

The new wall ride is in! Straight from Heavenly California... It's very well built from what I saw yesterday. Its gonna be just amaizing to stall, and its pretty mellow compared to other wallrides i've hit. Everyone is excited about this coming year, should be a blast. The new top sheets for the boxes should be in today as well :woot

Get out and buy a pass!

Edited by dthmtluncrn

• 2 weeks later...

Well we plan on blowing thursday night once the cold front moves in, then we want to open as many trails as possible and shoot for the day after thanksgiving and be open all weekend. We can survive highs in the 40's and a few days in the 50's even, as long as those lows are in the 20's and 30's we will be in great shape! Thats straight from one of the snowmakers.

Hey everyone, I uploaded some new pics of the Jibs at shawnee... Some things still need to be done, (like painting the wallride, etc...) but all in all everything is ready to go. As of now snowmaking will be starting Thursday night in preperations for a next Friday opening. Pray for cold temps with this cold front!

http://www.paskiandride.com/forums/index.p..._album&album=80

no plexi on the wallride=deathtrap :( also other complaint what good is that rainbow box for? haha i dont see a reason for it other than to be annoying. Everything looks awesome though! Great job. Ill be there next weekend to shred :)

I know I know, I tried for some plexi on the wallride. But the guys who made it for us will void any warrantees if we tamper with the design. The fact is I know personally Heavenly in Cali uses plywood for their wall ride, and they are the ones who built it for us, as does Bear mountain in Cali... If it dont slide? Ill be there to fix that problem. Ill be keeping it in top shape!

oh yea and the rainbow box, not one of my favs... it is really wide, but it was setup kinda crapy last year... at least its good for some presses once we get it setup nice in the snow!

Edited by parkbuilder

hmm not sure if i like the whole plywood wallride idea.. i mean the only wallride ive hit was creeks.. and they have an uber amount of money to spend on that shit haha..

anyways once when you get things set up in the park and the park is open let me know cause thats when ill head up there.. looks nice though.. keep up the good work man