New bindings

Glenn

Just picked up some salomon sp3 bindings for $75 including shipping on ebay. It's a slight up grade from what I have now. Not the binding I really wanted, but I simply didn't have the budget for the spx pro's which haven't really hit ebay yet. The pro's don't provide any additional "features" but they are a bit more padded, and have a better visual design. The sp3's will do for now. Between the cheaper model and not haveing to pay full store prices I easily saved $200. Although if I paid store prices for the cheaper model in stores it would have been more like a $40 - $50 savings. My brother bought the same bindings a few months back at an online store and paid $90.

Just picked up some salomon sp3 bindings for $75 including shipping on ebay. It's a slight up grade from what I have now. Not the binding I really wanted, but I simply didn't have the budget for the spx pro's which haven't really hit ebay yet. The pro's don't provide any additional "features" but they are a bit more padded, and have a better visual design. The sp3's will do for now. Between the cheaper model and not haveing to pay full store prices I easily saved $200. Although if I paid store prices for the cheaper model in stores it would have been more like a $40 - $50 savings. My brother bought the same bindings a few months back at an online store and paid $90.

sounds like you got a good bargain. let me know how you like solomons i was checking them out when i was shopping for mine last year, and they seemed decent. however, the salesman wasnt too knowledgable on them and i didnt know anybody who had them. so i went with my original idea and got burtons. i wanted the missions, but they didnt have my size. so i settled for the customs (which are basicly the same as the missions, just a little less padding and the high back is solid with no cut outs. so there is a very minor weight difference).

at any rate let me know how they work for ya as i am always in the market to buy new stuff.

I have salomon's right now and love them. I have matching salomon boots which makes it a no brainer. My first setup had salomon bindings so I kind of just bought salomon stuff. I've ridden other brands and definately like my binding more. Without riding them you don't realize how useful the toestrap design is. I wouldn't say they are better than the top burton line, but I would say they could hold their own. My older pair has lasted well over 120 days, but the plastic clicker system is starting to go. The newer models come with metal clickers so presumabely it will last even longer. If we get to ride sometime I'll let you take a couple runs in them.

I have salomon's right now and love them. I have matching salomon boots which makes it a no brainer. My first setup had salomon bindings so I kind of just bought salomon stuff. I've ridden other brands and definately like my binding more. Without riding them you don't realize how useful the toestrap design is. I wouldn't say they are better than the top burton line, but I would say they could hold their own. My older pair has lasted well over 120 days, but the plastic clicker system is starting to go. The newer models come with metal clickers so presumabely it will last even longer. If we get to ride sometime I'll let you take a couple runs in them.

yea my customs don't have the toe strap, but i can order them and install them on my existing bindings. the missions would have had the toe strap, but again they didnt have my size anyway. i was more then likly going to order the toe straps for my customs some time this season.

sweet ill give them a try hopefully one of these days.