Killy Report

Schif

Ok, I just got back from Killington for the first time. I was out there all day Saturday and all day Sunday. Not that much open, but enough to keep me occupied. Plenty for me from PA. It snowed in the morning on Saturday and all day Sunday. Sunday was overcast too, and with them blowing snow all over the place visibility was horrible. They opened more trails over the course of both days, mostly diamonds and doubles that they were blowing on. Bring the rock skis!! There were a lot of placces with thin cover. As far for peaks, Killington Peak, Snowdon, and Skye, Ramshead was open too. Not every trail from these was open, but a decent amount. All in all it was a great weekend!

Ok, I just got back from Killington for the first time. I was out there all day Saturday and all day Sunday. Not that much open, but enough to keep me occupied. Plenty for me from PA. It snowed in the morning on Saturday and all day Sunday. Sunday was overcast too, and with them blowing snow all over the place visibility was horrible. They opened more trails over the course of both days, mostly diamonds and doubles that they were blowing on. Bring the rock skis!! There were a lot of placces with thin cover. As far for peaks, Killington Peak, Snowdon, and Skye, Ramshead was open too. Not every trail from these was open, but a decent amount. All in all it was a great weekend!

Schif'

If you enjoyed this weekend, go back when there is some snow and the wind isn't blowing you, and any nice snow, into the trees...

For the number of trails open (27 saturday, 31 sunday) there were way too many people, and you have the same problem as I found last year at this time, where all the traffic on snowdon and K-peak are funneling through the same point (at the bottom of Bunny Buster).

The amount of grass / rocks showing on the lower "Chute" was really not funny, in most places I've been they would have closed the trail. There were people wiping out all over the place.

It was quieter over on skye peak, but things were pretty sketchy over there, I picked up a big gouge in the bottom of my board from a rock and one of my (skiing) friends took a bad fall on the ice at the top of skyelark.

I had a great time on saturday, did loads of runs and burnt my legs out completely, got sick saturday night (not alcohol related) and did much less on sunday. Air conditions were nicer, but the snow cover / grooming sucked. For me, only skye peak had much appeal.

The Rail Jam was pretty cool, some very talented riders, though I never got to see the end.

All in, a good early season weekend, just in time for the PA season to get going.

skyelark had poor coverage during peak season last year in a two day snow storm. roots abound.

It's a shame 'cos it's probably the best peak for progressing intermediates like me, with some nice blues (like skyelark and cruise control) and some not to intimidating blacks (like bittersweet).

When I went in march, the whole of skye peak had great cover, my favourite part of Killy (so far)