? about flex adjustment on boots

bigdaddyk

My Rossi elite exp 3 boots have a "flex adjustment" ( soft / hard) located above the heel area. I've tried both settings on dry land, but haven't noticed any difference. The instructions say that this is to be suited for height/ weight / power. Anybody know exactly what this setting does and which would be the best for an intermediate skier??? The booklet isn't much help. Thanks.

My Rossi elite exp 3 boots have a "flex adjustment" ( soft / hard) located above the heel area. I've tried both settings on dry land, but haven't noticed any difference. The instructions say that this is to be suited for height/ weight / power. Anybody know exactly what this setting does and which would be the best for an intermediate skier??? The booklet isn't much help. Thanks.

Probably best to start in the soft position and ski for a while. Then move to the hard position and ski again. Others may jump in with better suggestions, but things to watch for in the hard setting are getting stuck in the back seat and not being able to pull your feet under you while turning.

Your boots will be considerably stiffer on the mountain at 20 degrees, than they are walking around the house or ski shop.

Good luck. Seems like boot flex is another one of those black art areas in this sport.

Tim