Mountain Creek's Park

method9455

Hey,

so yea, there are going to be 230987230 posts about HOW IS THE PARK for each of the local mountains, but seeing that hte mountain creek forum is basically dead here, i'm throwing it here. Anyway, lets try and keep all those questions in one thread thats ongoing, it saves time. I went up for my first day riding to MC today, setup was pretty sweet. 6" wide flat bar, bout 15 feet, 18" wide box, 20 footer, both were not ride on, but had about 2-4" gaps, the kind of gap that you don't actually have to ollie to make but gives you something to work with if you want to ollie. They were offset from each other, if you wanted to hit both you could but no one was really doing it that way, the flatbar is to the right and dumps out into hte old halfpipe, the box is on the left and lines up into 2 table top jumps, nice sized table but tiny lips (maybe lie 6", people were clearing it but barely), maybe 8-10 foot from lip to knuckle (thats how i measure any other way is dumb becuase the ramp and landing don't count in the length), the grooming was great today (a mid week day) obviously no loose snow, but no ice and no craters for any landing.

Another plus, creek is doing wider ramps this year, about a snow cat full blade (10 feet wide?) instead of just the cneter section (6 feet?), its very noticable. Doesn' tmean much on the rails but for the jumps you 1) get a lot more room to work with when your jumping and 2) have a tiny space to go through if you bail out of hte ramp, it was pretty tight up there

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

so yea, there are going to be 230987230 posts about HOW IS THE PARK for each of the local mountains, but seeing that hte mountain creek forum is basically dead here, i'm throwing it here. Anyway, lets try and keep all those questions in one thread thats ongoing, it saves time. I went up for my first day riding to MC today, setup was pretty sweet. 6" wide flat bar, bout 15 feet, 18" wide box, 20 footer, both were not ride on, but had about 2-4" gaps, the kind of gap that you don't actually have to ollie to make but gives you something to work with if you want to ollie. They were offset from each other, if you wanted to hit both you could but no one was really doing it that way, the flatbar is to the right and dumps out into hte old halfpipe, the box is on the left and lines up into 2 table top jumps, nice sized table but tiny lips (maybe lie 6", people were clearing it but barely), maybe 8-10 foot from lip to knuckle (thats how i measure any other way is dumb becuase the ramp and landing don't count in the length), the grooming was great today (a mid week day) obviously no loose snow, but no ice and no craters for any landing.

Another plus, creek is doing wider ramps this year, about a snow cat full blade (10 feet wide?) instead of just the cneter section (6 feet?), its very noticable. Doesn' tmean much on the rails but for the jumps you 1) get a lot more room to work with when your jumping and 2) have a tiny space to go through if you bail out of hte ramp, it was pretty tight up there

Hey Method,

Excellent post! I was looking at some of your stuff based on a recent post you made. Hopefully we will have a decent sized group coming up to MC on the 15th of January, will you be there? My kid is fairly talented is itching to sample the park after his comp. Any more updates on the MC park?

i was up at Creeks railjam today was sick..

but anywho i got a chance to look at the set up.. up at the top of the main park they have two rails next to eachother instead of having one like aways.. the flat box and that high handrail they had at the end of the season...

then where whe rollercoaster was they have a lllloooooonnnngggg like 60ft handrail and that massive multi-angle battleship box.. looks so sick thats all i could see from the lift and what not.. once when vernon opens ill be headin up there alot more.. method if ya ever wanna meet up and ride with a fellow PASR member just send me a pm on when your goin and ill prolly be there as wel haha

i was up at Creeks railjam today was sick..

but anywho i got a chance to look at the set up.. up at the top of the main park they have two rails next to eachother instead of having one like aways.. the flat box and that high handrail they had at the end of the season...

then where whe rollercoaster was they have a lllloooooonnnngggg like 60ft handrail and that massive multi-angle battleship box.. looks so sick thats all i could see from the lift and what not.. once when vernon opens ill be headin up there alot more.. method if ya ever wanna meet up and ride with a fellow PASR member just send me a pm on when your goin and ill prolly be there as wel haha

i'm heading up to hunter tuesday and creek twice later in the week, the vernon park should be open by then i'll post back

in the middle theres 2 drop rails they look like stairs. one is 2 rails and the other is 4 rails. followed by like a 35 foot floater that was hard to make it to the landing unless you drop from the top of the mountain (we were dropping from where the 2nd set of rails were at the top of the hill and kept casing on the transition(knuckle)) then theres a flat down kink box set on a downhill thats fun to gap boardslide. then the hand rail and the multiangle battleship (flat rainbow).

I was there monday i'm not sure if they added anything to vernon's park

Edited by Lipslide to Fakie

in the middle theres 2 drop rails they look like stairs. one is 2 rails and the other is 4 rails. followed by like a 35 foot floater that was hard to make it to the landing unless you drop from the top of the mountain (we were dropping from where the 2nd set of rails were at the top of the hill and kept casing on the transition(knuckle)) then theres a flat down kink box set on a downhill thats fun to gap boardslide. then the hand rail and the multiangle battleship (flat rainbow).

I was there monday i'm not sure if they added anything to vernon's park

its the same.. i was there last night everything is the same as you said haha

the battleship was fun as hell.. and idk if i liked the long handrail at the bottom that much..

Hey,

Im going friday, dec 20th i believe and i was wonder if i should even bother going after all the rain on thursday, doesnt rly matter what you say, not to be mean or anything but im heading up anyways lol, but your comments would be very helpful, i wanna shred south alot cause im a big hiker, i wanna try some 7's off the first table at south, looks fun, hopefully no cratters though, write back asap

Im going friday, dec 20th i believe and i was wonder if i should even bother going after all the rain on thursday, doesnt rly matter what you say, not to be mean or anything but im heading up anyways lol, but your comments would be very helpful, i wanna shred south alot cause im a big hiker, i wanna try some 7's off the first table at south, looks fun, hopefully no cratters though, write back asap

theres a nice jump in Vernon i was throwin 540s over you need to bomb from the top though to get speed but its really smooth once you do get enough speed.. but yeah dude definitly go its creek haha its gonna be worth it.. idk if you hit the battleship box yet.. (multiangle that is) but that thing is just so much fun haha and not to mention huge

Vernon is the same as mentioned, they had to pull 3 out of the 5 rails out at south, i don't know for lack of snow or becuase its supposed to be an intro park and they were there cuz of the Rome Premature jibulation. Went thursday, i know its a little late but the snow cover was fine, i heard it was icy today. Didn't end up going today cuz of family things, and work tomorrow and hung over sunday, then off to canada so it will be a while before i'm up there again. Hopefully snowmaking weather returns, the cover is fine but they won't be expanding the park when its like this. The half pipe is close, a few days of snowmaking and then push and then cut, and it should be good.

Vernon is still all the same.. but heres just a couple clips we wanted to tape but god said no and the battery on the camera died within 1 run.. it sucked but oh well.. we were able to get like 4 clips haha

oh and my friend messes up his Burton Blunt real bad on a backside lipslide attempt.. not to good might i add haha

Little Creek Footage

That last fall looks painful, but good stuff for the rest. i haven't been riding park yet, 4 days up there so far but i'm leaving for canada this friday for 5 days and i didn't want to risk hurting myself on a vacation i can't refund, but after that i'll be hitting up the park a lot. luckily snowmaking weather is coming back and they can expand a bit.

That last fall looks painful, but good stuff for the rest. i haven't been riding park yet, 4 days up there so far but i'm leaving for canada this friday for 5 days and i didn't want to risk hurting myself on a vacation i can't refund, but after that i'll be hitting up the park a lot. luckily snowmaking weather is coming back and they can expand a bit.

yeah i hear ya on that.. thats a good call though who knows some kind of freak accident could of happened and the boom no canada trip and you loose all that money.. so smart choice

the park is so nice at creek adn they dont really have to much set up i mean there is still the other 2 runs to open and sugar jib park

• 2 weeks later...

Back from canada so now I'm hitting up creek 3x a week. Today (monday) was my first day doing that. Bought my park pass and headed down the Vernon park.

Start off on great norther, choice of the downslope grandprix handrail from last season, and the down box. Both have streetstyle gaps to them (yes even the box has a 2' ollie gap) its pretty nasty. Then you go down, there is the setup for hte jump where it always is, but no jump yet, but they're blowing snow so i expect it soon. drop in, take the left onto indian you have a choice between the grandprix 4 step from last year and the grandprix 2 step from last year, then a nice jump. Its a stepdown, i'd say the lip is shoulder high, no exageration 25 foot gap. its what other mountains call a 40 footer. Good steep landing - no one is touching it. Then after that the run is empty, blowing a lot of snow and have a table jump about half done. The only other rail is the flat-down box where the 40 used to be. Then you drain out into the big open area and the 45' battleship box and a 32 flat handrail are side by side on this nice raised platform.

If you go down to the right towards khyber, there is the C box where the slant was. Independance is closed. THen a 20 flat bar with a streetstyle setup. Then there is a tree bonk where the cbox was last year, its like a small table top jump but with a 2' diameter tree stump to tap and spin over. Backside 180 gap - extra steez. Then there is a quarter pipe on the side of the run, with a big log coping to do fun crap on, its about 15 feet long and its setup on the side of the trail so you can go up and rock to fakie/handplant crap like that, or you can boardslide it. Then the 40 foot by 2 foot box is really the only thing with a small gap, about a foot off the lip but you can definatley get worked by it. then a spine setup you rollinto a quarter pipe, log coping, quarter pipe on the backside, followed by the 40 foot downslope handrail. the flat section where the jump is, and then you meet back up with the other side.

The halfpipe is almost done, should be cutting by wednesday, a sick amount of snow it in. they had to turn all the snow over after the rain to get rid of hte ice, but it will be done in time for the grand prix.

Hardcore blowing on Half Moon (intro stuff) and Sugar Jib park (plenty of snow - no features). Nothing on indepencance yet (long way away). South peak, 2 jumps and 2 easy rails but i didn't see it today. i'll check it next time i'm up there unless I'm still adicted to the log features on kyber, they're absoluetly so much fun. I had more fun on that quarter pipe today than really anything I've hit in a while. no way to really hurt yourself, and so many things you can do.

btw the mountain is making snow hardcore, so much everywehre. lots of fun ungroomed rollers to pop off of but probably not for long. some spots were sticky but luckily not in the park. the landing of the big jump on indian was pretty much untouched so might be a good time to learn some stuff.

We learned something yesterday. If you are a snowboarder, MC might be a great park, but for a skier, it absolutely sucked. take a pair of skis and try, just try to get close to the top of one of those jibs. Sorry MC fans, but for those of you who know Nipples, in his words "what a wasted day".

What made matters worse is that some kid who ollied up onto that flat box and 50/50 won the comp while a skier who jumped up on (barely) 180 then switched up and 270'd off, did not.... One run - MC is a snowboarders mountain.. Lame Judges, Lame Comp Lame park - if you are a skier..

We learned something yesterday. If you are a snowboarder, MC might be a great park, but for a skier, it absolutely sucked. take a pair of skis and try, just try to get close to the top of one of those jibs. Sorry MC fans, but for those of you who know Nipples, in his words "what a wasted day".

What made matters worse is that some kid who ollied up onto that flat box and 50/50 won the comp while a skier who jumped up on (barely) 180 then switched up and 270'd off, did not.... One run - MC is a snowboarders mountain.. Lame Judges, Lame Comp Lame park - if you are a skier..

ive been told by a bunch of skiers that MC just isnt for them.. i think its mainly a boarder mountain.. i rarely see skiers up there.. well extremely good skiers haha but thats a shame to hear about the comp.. ive only been in one rail jam up there so i really cant say how the judges and what not are really like..

is that because trying to get up on those rails on skis is so hard? i've never watched skiers do street stuff - but thats the intended setup, interesting perspective though. if i were to ski i'd be going for jumps anyway and creek only has that 1 right now so kinda lame

I wish I had video - how many people mash themselves into front edge of those features?

I would have thought they there would be some stuff mixed up.. I don't get it. You lift your leading edge up to the front edge of the box or rail and then lift the tail up and then what? Why no lips to spin onto? Why no lips from the front side.

With the wind yesterday, the one jump was impossible, unless flying like a kite backwards is some kind of new trick :no

Did you boys put in a full day at MC?

No there are lips, the lips are like streestyle setups though. Meaning you have to ollie. The ramps end about 6" to 2 feet below the height of the rail, and the rail buts up pretty much to the end of the ramp and you have to come in from the side at an angle, so your kicked up but you can't go straight on except for the 40 foot flat box. Remember this is the park pass park, not the intro one. Speaking of nailing the end, last year i took a hip shot hardcore, split 2 boards on the end of rails, caught my nose under the rail and did a front flip twice, and took a lot of hard falls on this kind of setup. so yea its hard, but it definately makes you a better rider. i wish some ofthe gaps were lower. actually the flat-down box and the down box used to have like 2" gaps so you could ride on but the melting has hurt it

last season - the flat-down box, remember the tiny ass gap? i went on a warm day and the ramp was melting fast, i had hit it the same way about 5 times and then i just came up short, maybe iwas tired, maybe the ramp was small, i dunno. At least I work at a shop now so getting it fixed was no big deal

last season - the flat-down box, remember the tiny ass gap? i went on a warm day and the ramp was melting fast, i had hit it the same way about 5 times and then i just came up short, maybe iwas tired, maybe the ramp was small, i dunno. At least I work at a shop now so getting it fixed was no big deal

that sucks.. but its sick you work at a shop and what not..

well i went to creek thursday and taped alot so i made a small edit and im gonna post in once i get it uploaded

EDIT:New MC EDIT!

Edited by brtndominant