Terrain Park Public Forum

Bear Creek PR

The double chair is mainly used to service the park. The quad is the closest lift to get you to the top....you could easily take broadway or bear pass to get to the other side of the mountain.

To make a park pass work, they would need to put the entrance gates right after bear pass on blue bear. That way if someone accidentally winds up at the park, they can still take bear pass to get out of there without being screwed.

The only run that intersects with the main park is lower kodiak....which can be solved with a fence. Blue bear basically isn't even a run, just a run up to the first booter for those that want to hit the park, or a passage to bear pass/upper kodiak for those that took the quad. If you think about it, they only run the straight on intersects with the main park is cascade, and that is a park anyway. They already have entrances to the park clearly visible. All they need to do is make a few changes of the location and have someone enforce it. I think they should just dedicate the double lift to park service only, meaning you need a park pass to get on that lift. It would be a lot easier than checking at the run, since they already scan your ticket in the lift line anyway. Then they could just block off the entrance to cascade from the lift ramp on, letting people who got off the lift a direct enterance to the park without any hassle, with another enterance at that same gate for people who took the quad, where they would show their park pass.

I agree!! Props to BC- I think it was a productive meeting, it certainly showed me the commitment of the staff at BC to continue to progress. I think the beginner park should be open to everyone.. The next level park should be accessed via a passs. Face it, as time goes on parks will be regulated whether we like it or not. It will become more regimented like racing. That is my prediction. I could be wrong.. Requiring everyone to view a safety video will allow everyone to use the video as a point of reference when the need arises to advise someone who is sitting in a blind spot, not calling drop ins, etc etc