Re-Construction of Shawnee

parkbuilder

Everyone listen up... We started revamping the park last night. I just worked 19 hrs straight getting this park ready and here is what we did:

40' booter (single kicker) on the first jump. The second jump will be done tonight to about 40' (also one kicker.) The straight box was moved on top of the step-up roller to create a 8' gap to flat box into a mellow tranny. The dual box was moved to where the straight box used to be and has a streetstyle setup to it. The street style down rail will be installed tonight and the battleship will be moved to where the straight rail is now. all of the landings are perfect. You wanted bigger... and we delivered!

RIDE SHAWNEE!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys... work will NOT be done tonight to install the down rail and fix the battleship. The forcast is way to warm for the week (40's-50's) and we need to stay focused on keeping the trail open rather than tracking everything up with the cat. I'll keep everyone posted when I hear good news.

how is the reconstruction going?

Well so far we have plowed over the second jump and built up the landing, so for now its just a roller. The Rainbow Box we elevated 3'-4' higher so you are able to slide more of the box. The kink box was also raised to give a more steep downslope to the feature. And the last plateus landing was smoothed evenly to have a more mellow landing for the kinkbox. Everything else is buried from our snowmaking. I will be doing some more work tommorow, and after this rain... plan on the second jump to be re-constructed.

hows it going to be this sunday? i'm either going to camelback or shawnee this sunday and I want to give each park a fair shot in its prime to compare and i'll probably only go once this year so i want to see it when its not half done. if you told me it will be better the week after i might do camelback this weekend shawnee the next but i'd really rather do shawnee this weekend

hows it going to be this sunday? i'm either going to camelback or shawnee this sunday and I want to give each park a fair shot in its prime to compare and i'll probably only go once this year so i want to see it when its not half done. if you told me it will be better the week after i might do camelback this weekend shawnee the next but i'd really rather do shawnee this weekend

Shawnee's park should be at peak conditions for Sunday.

Yeah, i was there last saturday. not the best. the second landing looks perfect. just as good as the first. keep that first kicker there. maybe reshape it a bit but other than that its lookin good.

also the flat down box was covered in snow *it was really hard to get enough speed to hit it with the 3'gap too. the doube box was slidin a'right...oh and the second rail was completely covered in snow. but i guess it was all for next snow search...

everything else. was good. the wallride was really nice last saturday too

shitty weather...why...

Will be there on sunday with weslo. pray for good weather..

*OH and what time will the park be open on sunday(after next snowsearch)

Yeah, i was there last saturday. not the best. the second landing looks perfect. just as good as the first. keep that first kicker there. maybe reshape it a bit but other than that its lookin good.

also the flat down box was covered in snow *it was really hard to get enough speed to hit it with the 3'gap too. the doube box was slidin a'right...oh and the second rail was completely covered in snow. but i guess it was all for next snow search...

everything else. was good. the wallride was really nice last saturday too

shitty weather...why...

Will be there on sunday with weslo. pray for good weather..

*OH and what time will the park be open on sunday(after next snowsearch)

The park will stay open all day Sunday hopefully... If it does close it will be back open by 1pm. Re-construction continued last night and will go through Saturday night, moving features and changing setups.

Yup the downrail will be installed... along with a reshaped battleship. The kink-box is perfect now, not as low in the ground... and the C-box was moved to its new location along with the Mailbox. But I'm gonna make you come see those features for yourselves ;)

Thanks for all your enthusiastic information Parkbuilder. Nipples will be there and I think he is bringing me too. Sounds like a great number of PASR people on Sunday!! :woot Make sure you guys hit me up for stickers. I'll be hovering around. Look for a black and white Bonfire jacket that reeeeally stands out.

when you say "hovering"...do you mean riding. or just chillin at the base..

I ski hard first runs in the morning, but with the comp, I like to gape. So... hovering means I lazily cruise around the competition area, taking it all in, but not really in the middle of stuff. I don't chill at a base for too long except to eat.. Hard to get lost at Shawnee - see you guys sunday.. Watch for nipples, He is the easy one to spot.. a little midget tearing the park up...

Re-Construction continued last night and into this morning 1/20.

List of updated features:

Downrail

Re-positioned Battleship

Downslope C-Box

Picnic Table

Barrell Bonk

Coming soon:

Re-shaped 40' booter

1/4 pipe mailbox

Other Re-shaped kickers and features