The King of Prussia Ski Club

PeterC0523

I'm interested in joining a local ski club, primarily for the trips. I checked out a bunch of ski club sites listed on The Eastern PA Ski Council and The King of Prussia Ski Club seems to be a nice fit.

Anyone here a member of KOPSC? Any recommendations or comments regarding KOPSC or any other local ski clubs? Thanks!

It depends on your interests. KOP is more socially oriented than most other ski clubs. If the social component is important to you, go for it. :naughty

I have raced against KOPs, and they seem like a friendly group.

Socially oriented as in they're best known for their non-ski activities? Or that they're just a friendly group?

I'm mainly interested in joining a group so that we can go on trips to VT and out west for a discounted price. Both my fiance and I are in our mid 20's so a group with more people around age would also be a plus.

Tiroler seems to have more people around our age group than KOPSC, but KOPSC has more trips.

They are welcoming, drink a lot, and do a lot of social things - like ski trips. As compared to the more hard core race ski clubs. Though I'm more interested in racing than socializing, my interactions with them have been positive. I'd guess that you are younger than their average member, but there is variability. Why not give it a try - it's not like you'd be tied to them for life...

Thanks for all the input!

I plan on joining either KOPSC or Tiroler at the beginning of their next membership year. We blew all our snowboarding funds on a trip to Vail this year, which was well worth it. :rock

My fiance would prefer to join Tiroler since more of their members are closer to our age group and their meeting and bus departure locations are slightly closer to us. But I'm having a hard time letting go of KOPSC since they have more trips and require members to be 21+ (little kids running around on the bus = :banghead:killyourself: ). No offense to any parents or anything.

Hrm... decisions, decisions...