White Face Mountain

firebirds98

Does anyone know or think that Whiteface will still be open with a nice covering the weekend from April 13-16. I have an ice hockey tournament at the olympic center and would like to ride whiteface. Thanks

if it rains the mountain turns into ice. nickname iceface

when i was there march 1 it was good coverage, just a couple big patches of ice. all in all a great trip!

the bobsled rides are sooo much fun to do and the toboggan rides onto lake mirror too!

the ski jumps are cool to see maybe you will get lucky and see someone jumping

when i was there we stayed right across the street from the rink. so cool to look out the door and see them

it all depends on how cold it stays

my girl friend son and nephew are going up for the hockey tournament too.

Edited by beachiegirl2ski

Thank you for your feedback, I have been up there numerous amounts of times for hockey, its a fun place, but now since im older its a little beat, rather be in Montreal again this year where i can get into bars and have a good time, so since i can not get in the bars in Lake Placid I am hoping I can snowboard in my free time. Either way I will have a good time.

Thanks once again though.

i went to whiteface twice last year and i did notice a LOT of patches of ice on a lot of the trails. i like the mountain layout but they could make some more snow to cover up the ice patches.

Hence the nickname "Iceface". Bob said the last time he was there it was icy death and a balmy negative 60 degrees (wind chill). Sounded so fun to me I ran out and booked a trip that day. NOT.

I was there the weekend before last, and they had had a big dump of snow the week before so they had a lot of cover. The temps were in the 30s at top and 50s at bottom, so it was extremely slushy on the bottom runs and nice and soft on the top runs. It sounds like it iced up last weekend.

Hence the nickname "Iceface". Bob said the last time he was there it was icy death and a balmy negative 60 degrees (wind chill). Sounded so fun to me I ran out and booked a trip that day. NOT.

Well I hope since I am there in mid April it will not be this cold, lol

As long as they are open, I dont care if conditions suck or not im bringing my board, just so I can get at least one more day in for this year

• 2 weeks later...