INvanders?

2 planker

I know justin had a pair and they delammed real bad. I dont care the the invaders at all. If u ask me the butter zone is on ALOT better skis than the invaders. the thall pros have the butter zone and so do the fujis. Ive ridden both thalls and fujis and i like them about equally. Ive never gotten to ride invaders like i would have liked to. But if ur looking for a ski with the butter zone i think u should pick one of those skis.

i rode invaders all year. yes, the tips split apart, as did pretty much everyone else's this year. instead of crying about it, i just glued them back together and threw some duct tape on them, and they held out for the rest of the season just fine. if line has the tip issue fixed for next year, durability will be well above anything i've seen from armada. i've seen armadas snap, bases crack, and edges rip out the entire length of the ski. other than the tips, my invaders held up great. after a season of hard abuse, i only had one cracked edge, and they are still as poppy as the day i got them. since the tips didnt really factor into anything after i fixed them, my biggest gripe about the skis is that i needed to wax them a lot, like every 2-3 days on the hill. it seemed like the bases dried out really quickly. as far as skiability goes, you're not going to find a ski better suited to park riding. i've skied ar5's (not the t-halls, but they are the same sidecut), fujatives, TM's, and pretty much every other park ski on the market right now, and the invaders are my favorite, with salomon thrusters or TMs tied at second. if you go with the invaders, go a size bigger than you normally would. i got the 178 and they felt a little on the short side since they are mounted dead center. also, why spend 500 some dollars on the t halls when they will get trashed in one season anyway? you can pick up invaders or silencers next year for under 300 and have a much more durable ski.

Edited by Justo8484

i rode invaders all year. yes, the tips split apart, as did pretty much everyone else's this year. instead of crying about it, i just glued them back together and threw some duct tape on them, and they held out for the rest of the season just fine. if line has the tip issue fixed for next year, durability will be well above anything i've seen from armada. i've seen armadas snap, bases crack, and edges rip out the entire length of the ski. other than the tips, my invaders held up great. after a season of hard abuse, i only had one cracked edge, and they are still as poppy as the day i got them. since the tips didnt really factor into anything after i fixed them, my biggest gripe about the skis is that i needed to wax them a lot, like every 2-3 days on the hill. it seemed like the bases dried out really quickly. as far as skiability goes, you're not going to find a ski better suited to park riding. i've skied ar5's (not the t-halls, but they are the same sidecut), fujatives, TM's, and pretty much every other park ski on the market right now, and the invaders are my favorite, with salomon thrusters or TMs tied at second. if you go with the invaders, go a size bigger than you normally would. i got the 178 and they felt a little on the short side since they are mounted dead center. also, why spend 500 some dollars on the t halls when they will get trashed in one season anyway? you can pick up invaders or silencers next year for under 300 and have a much more durable ski.

Justo i read somewere on NS your brother was riding next years TM's. Im not sure if this was true, but if it was how did he like them. And how did the new edge thing hold up?

yeah he's been on next year's TMs for like half of the season. they ski exactly the same as the old ones, i didnt notice any difference. his are the 175, so they are a little short for me, especially since they are center mounted. personally, if you want a center mounted ski, i like the invaders better, because they actually ski how they are supposed to. the TMs felt sort of weird to me being centered, but he really likes them, and the edge repair has held up fine so far. he busted them on a rock, so the edge issues from rail damage seem to be over with the reinforced edge they use now.

yeah he's been on next year's TMs for like half of the season. they ski exactly the same as the old ones, i didnt notice any difference. his are the 175, so they are a little short for me, especially since they are center mounted. personally, if you want a center mounted ski, i like the invaders better, because they actually ski how they are supposed to. the TMs felt sort of weird to me being centered, but he really likes them, and the edge repair has held up fine so far. he busted them on a rock, so the edge issues from rail damage seem to be over with the reinforced edge they use now.

Thanks, I am pretty sure im gonna get them in October.