Saloman SPK boots

Wolverine21

any local shops gonna have them, or be able to order them and fit them to my feet. im getting them somehow but i would rather order through a shop and have them fit for me. also can i just buy them offline and have them fit for me?

Do the smart thing and wait to get them fitted at a shop. Then when you know what size you need go to www.proctorjones.com and order them there since its 10%.

Do the smart thing and wait to get them fitted at a shop. Then when you know what size you need go to www.proctorjones.com and order them there since its 10%.

that's the biggest kick in the balls to whoever it is at the shop you go to to figure out what boot will work for you. getting a proper boot fit can take well over an hour, and then going home and buying the boot online when someone just spent an hour of their time, when they could have been helping other customers, is low. ultimately, is it even worth it to buy a boot online, if you have to pay shipping and get it tweaked for your foot? we'll be carrying the spk boot; unfortunately we didnt get any in stock yet. if you come in and end up getting them from us, you dont have to pay shipping, you get to try the boots on, and you wont have a hassle getting work done to them if any problems come up with the boot.

smart thinking

Not smart :angry:

If you're going to use a shop to do the fitting for you then buy the damn boots :angry:

Anyway, if you only save 10% by going to gayskiersareus.com (it's just something about the "proctorjones" name that gets me) then you might aswell just buy them at the local store.

I'm all for online shopping, and have bought most of my gear online, but:

1) boots needs to fit right.

2) dont take (unfair) advantage of the stores we have left, one day you will need them.

3) if you can only save 10% online, you need to try harder.

that's the biggest kick in the balls to whoever it is at the shop you go to to figure out what boot will work for you. getting a proper boot fit can take well over an hour, and then going home and buying the boot online when someone just spent an hour of their time, when they could have been helping other customers, is low. ultimately, is it even worth it to buy a boot online, if you have to pay shipping and get it tweaked for your foot? we'll be carrying the spk boot; unfortunately we didnt get any in stock yet. if you come in and end up getting them from us, you dont have to pay shipping, you get to try the boots on, and you wont have a hassle getting work done to them if any problems come up with the boot.

Im a customer out to get the best price if i could get it 10% cheaper online, then im gonna do it.

Im a customer out to get the best price if i could get it 10% cheaper online, then im gonna do it.

Dude thats fine, just don't waste a shop tech's time/pay?!? (do they get commision I don't even know) on fitting a boot if you are going to buy it elsewhere. If you can't find anything at the store that works, cool go elsewhere, don't find a boot that works, and buy it on line. Thats a kick in the nuts.

It's like cutting someone off in the park... Yeah you can do it but it makes you a douche.

Fine then im a douche, I dont care what any of you say but thats how i would go about doing it.

I'm not trying to call you names... I wasn't trying to imply that you cared what we thought either. I (and hopefully the others) are simply trying to shed some light on what the _other_ guy (in this case a store tech) is thinking/feeling. I simply would hope that you and others would strive to make the "classy" desicion. Kinda like; if everyone picks up one piece of trash....