opening

tyler franks

3 nights of snowmaking to get the mountain open, i dont know if the new system is that good?

i'd say definetly by friday or the weekend...along with most of the other Pa resorts, that is, if the forecasts doesnt change.

I'd go Thursday or Friday if anyone wants to go, and I'm buying a ticket which is unusual for me because I usually only buy tickets when I'm on a trip, I did all of my days here last season as a season pass holder except 1 day at Blue, 1 at Shawnee, and 1 at Camelback.

And I also think JFBB will be first to open.

I definitely think they will open on Tuesday. But I recall from reading on the website that BB will not be open during the day. So dont plan on going during the day as they wont be open. I think they will open at 3:30 and be open till 10pm(except on weekends that is).

I believe BB will open Tuesday at 3:30

and JF will open Saturday at normal time(8:00am).

I'll definitely be at JFBB opening weekend probably just JF, hope to see you there.

The new system is good enough that they could be open in 3 days. :rock

The new system allows for 100% of the mountain to be covered with a decent base in about a week, or so I've heard...so if they blow this whole week, or at least get a decent base down, they could be 100% at both mountains by the weekend. But, I thought that they were opening BB first, but I could be wrong, since Peak is really taking control this year...anyways, I hope that they can open...I won't be skiing for another 5-7 weeks (broken fibula at the ankle), but that doesn't mean I am not crossing my fingers for the rest of the skiers in PA!

The new system allows for 100% of the mountain to be covered with a decent base in about a week, or so I've heard...so if they blow this whole week, or at least get a decent base down, they could be 100% at both mountains by the weekend. But, I thought that they were opening BB first, but I could be wrong, since Peak is really taking control this year...anyways, I hope that they can open...I won't be skiing for another 5-7 weeks (broken fibula at the ankle), but that doesn't mean I am not crossing my fingers for the rest of the skiers in PA!

They have enough at both mts. to get both of them open by next weekend.

Edited by bigdaddyk

They have enough at both mts. to get both of them open by next weekend.

From only blowing today? If they blow tomorrow and Monday, and maybe 2-3 more days, then yeah. It is going to be a little warmer at the end of the week, but they should have a good base by then. We'll see. I would be surprised if either JF or BB opened on Tuesday or during the week, but I would be even more surprised if at least one of them doesn't open by, or on this upcoming weekend.

well i'm going to be one of the few optimistic people on here and say that I am ready to ride on tuesday night. If anyone else is going give me a holllaaaaaa. shiiiit. :woot

Hey, if it happens, hell yeah...I"m just saying to not get to hyped and then be dissapointed...I wouldn't be surprised if they opened, just to be the first, and show off their new snow machines, but I just don't think it would be cost-effective enough...remember, you need employees to run the slopes, and many are weekenders...

From only blowing today? If they blow tomorrow and Monday, and maybe 2-3 more days, then yeah. It is going to be a little warmer at the end of the week, but they should have a good base by then. We'll see. I would be surprised if either JF or BB opened on Tuesday or during the week, but I would be even more surprised if at least one of them doesn't open by, or on this upcoming weekend.

From JF's conditions page:

"We will be firing up our snowmaking this weekend.Shooting for beginner thru expert terrain open for Saturday Dec.9th. We will keep you posted as we get closer."

Edited by bigdaddyk