Thurs dec 7th whos comming with me?

Jody

guys..im gettin nervous about the urban setups...

They are nothing to be nervous about, honestly. They make look a little risky looking at them from the bottom, but once you try to hit them, it's like cake. Even my friend was hitting the down box and he was making it on no problem,and he's not the best. Just give it a little hop and you'll be good. Granted, i snowboard, it may be a bit different. But in regards to looking risky, they look alot harder than they actually are.

They are nothing to be nervous about, honestly. They make look a little risky looking at them from the bottom, but once you try to hit them, it's like cake. Even my friend was hitting the down box and he was making it on no problem,and he's not the best. Just give it a little hop and you'll be good. Granted, i snowboard, it may be a bit different. But in regards to looking risky, they look alot harder than they actually are.

My recomendation is take them from the side. If you take it straight on you might catch your tips and go for a nice flip. Of course your a skier so you pop out, snowboarders get that nice somersault into the rail going on, oh yea that feels good on your back. So just come in with about 3-6" between your edge and the rail. Aim at the end of the rail. Just hop a bit, rotate on, look at the end of the rail.

The keys are, aim for the end, look at the end.

If you are taking it from the side, the faster you go, the safer it is because you have to jump less and you are on the rail longer. So if your scared just point it towards the end, go really fast, and give it a little hop. Especially on downslope rails, the faster you go the further down the rail you land.

They're scary at first for sure, but once you get over it, you end up liking it a lot better because it is much more predictable than going on straight with a ramp that changes height with weather/traffic.

Definitely go for it from the side. My friend was hitting it straight on and i kept shutting my eyes when he would go to hit because i he was coming so close to clipping his nose on the front of the rail. I come at it at a nice big angle. This was the first time for them hitting anything but ride on because we live at montage where they don't exist, hopefully that is changing this year.

Yea got to hate those 'little pieces of shit' falling out of the sky when your SNOWboarding. Nice. But thats why I say I'm a snowboarder, not a skateboard who has a snowboard in the winter. Powder, steeps, what the fuck does anyone know about that anymore anyway? We hit up the steeper trails at BB on thursday and didn't see a person, there were like 80 kids in the park hiking 2 out of the 5 rails.

hah, i love snow man dont get me wrong. i started sking and shit when i was 3. i just dont like going when its snowing . i lost visability this one time b/c i didnt have googles and i hit one of those chain fences at CB on nile going pretty fast.

yeah, soo many kids in the park. there were nice ice chunks and shit on some of the trails to dick off on and some nice lil hits on the sides.

Yea man without goggles its rough, but I always wear goggles because even if its not snowing I ride fast enough that my eyes tear and then it freezes so I wear them unless I'm hiking park and getting hot.

As for the setups, they're scary at first but realize you will hurt yourself way more going straight on then going sideways. Think about the worst that will happen from the side, for you with skis they will pop off, your boots will clip the rail and you will go over it and land on the snow. Big deal. Thats not nearly as bad as going straight at it, falling and hitting the rail on the way down, and trashing your gear. It is way safer and believe me, once you get used to it you won't go at it straight again. Just aim for the end and you'll be fine. The only thing I come in straight for now are 50-50's on boxes and nosepresses. Everything else I don't come straight in.

Edited by Method9455