Friday report 12-8-06

bigdaddyk

As far as selection goes, Friday wasn't quite as good as the last two days, because they had a few of the trails closed for grooming and snowmaking. They closed boulder trail while I was there. The only thing I could think would be because there were a few large areas of ice, due to the wind blowing the snow off. They were making a shit load of snow and it was not sticky, like usual. It was 21 degrees and the snow that was being blown was dry and powdery. The top part of Merry Widow was closed and they were blowing snow and grooming it, at the time. When I first got there around 3:30, the Merry Widow lift was running, but you had to go off to the left. When they closed the Boulder slope, you could only go down Bunny's elbow/ shuss. The triple chair was also closed, so you had to skate or hike back up to the Merry Widow lift. Therefore, I stayed on Tannenbaum, little boulder, and lower part of Merry Widow, so I don't know if the stuff to the east opened up later. Other than the wind, which died down during the day, the snow was pretty good.

Edited by bigdaddyk