JF Tues 12-11-06

bigdaddyk

Today was my first trip for JF this year. I was impressed with the amount and quality of snow. They did a lot of upgrading for snow making, some that only frequenters would notice. The race slope (Challenge) was sweet. They put the new pole fans on this slope and anybody who does nastar will love this. There was also a small area where there was enough snow off of the slope, where you could go through some trees. East Mt. was decent, a lot of snow.... four new pole fans, plus something different that I haven't seen. They put the nozzles that go on the small tri-pods, onto elevated arms that swivel out over the slopes on parts of East Mt. and Thunderbolt. I would imagine that this would improve the snow quality and save a lot of time lugging the tripods around. I also noticed tower guns mounted on Solitude and Demattes. I don't remember those being there last year. There are also new pole fans on the park slopes and beginner areas. The snow was soft and really carvable. I don't do park stuff, so I'm useless for reporting on that.