Rain's impact on snow

SkiMadRiver

I am coming out from a sister resort in Ohio. It would be nice to have a idea of what is happening to the base with the warm weather sent your way. We are staying for a couple of nights on our way further East.

What is average temp on the slopes day/night?

It never rained, just great powder?

Turned to Mashed Potatoes?

What snow?

Turned to Glaze of Ice?

Groomed Ice?

Also, I enjoy a good Stout or Porter. Have any suggestions about local Micro-Brews?

I wouldn't worry much, they have a pretty solid base right now. Worst case scenario, it rained, it froze, and they'll groom it out tonight. Best case, it barely rained/flurried, still it will be groomed out tonight. It wasn't a very warm or very heavy rain so it won't melt much at all, just make the base a bit wetter. If you are coming during the week, the snow will be pretty good. Not sure how it will be by mid next week after weekend traffic and no snowmaking temperatures, but for now it will be fine.

I am coming out from a sister resort in Ohio. It would be nice to have a idea of what is happening to the base with the warm weather sent your way. We are staying for a couple of nights on our way further East.

What is average temp on the slopes day/night?

It never rained, just great powder?

Turned to Mashed Potatoes?

What snow?

Turned to Glaze of Ice?

Groomed Ice?

Also, I enjoy a good Stout or Porter. Have any suggestions about local Micro-Brews?

The snow stays in excellent condition at both JF and BB. It doesn't turn into mashed potatoes and they have an excellent base. They have done a hell of a job, so far. If you're into free skiing, head to JF, it's the bigger of the two mountains. An all day pass is good for both.