friday saturday forecast

snowgangsta

but what was said about blue has alot to do with the topic at hand. i honestly dont think blue should offer a discount, unless bear made a deal with blues management or something. haha maybe the bc iron works could make blue some actual good rails and boxes for blue and in exchange blue could let bc passholders in. that way both mountains and their loyal passholders win!

Edited by evo55

Good points..what I have to say means nothing to the Blue or Bear Creek management but I think it would be a friendly thing for Blue to do. It would make Blue more crowded but at least more people would be enjoying the snow. Yeah If Bear made Blue a few rails maybe Blue could give a free voucher for every Bear Creek passholder. What this is all leading to is that a combined season pass would be beneficial to everybody in the area. There's a thread on that from awhile ago and alot of PASRs would pay a premium for a combined season pass of 2 or more ski areas..I also see it as a win win situation.

I was thinking about that idea today (the combined season pass). I know Vermont has the all-for-1 pass, however all the resorts that are listed in it are ASC Ski Resorts.

Has there been serious thought/discussion of something like this from the PA resorts?

as far as i know, the resorts havent really discussed it, there is probobly too much at stake since they are owned by different companies. the only way i see this happening is if the PA tourism board offered one, so that no single resort was getting all of the money for a pass that may only be used there once and used at another who gets none of the money. i think that makes sense, damn headache$#$#

Bear Creek is owned by the Southern Management.

"Southern Management Corporation is the largest privately owned residential property management company in the Mid-Atlantic region. With more than 70 apartment home communities and some 25,000 apartment homes, we own communities and office centers throughout the Baltimore-Washington region. Pride of ownership is reflected in the many long-term relationships we enjoy with residents, commercial tenants, and team members. "

The Killington 1/2 off pass was only good til 12/15 and is good after 3/31/07.

That other NY mountain is Greek Peak. Present your BC season pass at the ticket window to receive 25% off daily lift tickets. Offer good for one daily lift ticket per season pass per day.

Does anyone else watch the weather and then when the guy tells you that its gonna be in the 40's for the next weeks, you start cursing him out as loud as you can???? haha or is that just me??? I know last night i was yelling so loud that my dad came up to my room. haha

I don't see a unified pass working in our market. It works in Colorado because season pass holders are a smaller minority than here. They also rely on natural snowfall a lot more than us. Our mountains are defined by snowmaking, grooming, and terrain parks. Those mountains are defined by snowfall, terrain, and accommodations. If you start taking out some of the competition, we will lose. Look at JFBB, they improved their snowmaking and opened earlier, and are making money. If all the Bear and Blue and Camelback season pass holders just went to JFBB, the other mountains wouldn't have a reason to compete because they would get the same slice. Now, if pass holders start going to JFBB, maybe the other mountains will feel like they have to compete next year or they will lose their early season capital they rely on to pay the bills until Christmas week.