park crew at boulder

uninc

it seems like the park crew just fixes what they and there friends want to hit. On saturday i was hitting the first jump on merry widow and it was decent when they were fixin it but in the evening they didnt even bother wit that park and the jumps were gettin all rutted out and shitty. also they attempted to make lips to float u but they made just made the top of the lip steeper and didnt change the trani and it was just kickin you wierd in the air and no body was throwin down like last weekend cuz of that

also there will be like 10 parkcrew guys standin around rail bullshitin but when there actually fixin somtin theres one guy there and no ones blockin off the feature ive seen better work ethic from customers building a park at Eagle Rock

good job though when u guys actually fix somthin

i also noticed when there standin around and ur hittin a jump they might yell somtin and it throws u off and makes u mess ur self up

some of the stuff i heard there goin to start doin will be good like fencing off the top of merry widow and big boulder

in my opinion they should have one park crew guy around each jump or feature making sure its upkept and yell at ppl to move out of the landing and move to the side of the trail this would keep the park much safer for everyone i have encountered both so far the lips of the jumps getting rutted out and ppl in the landing i have been fortunate not to hit anyone yet but i have came close

I dunno i didnt see this the 3 times ive been up there???? when i was there they would start at the top and walk down fixing everyhting on the way down..... yeah they yelled stuff sometimes but it never really messed you up, you shouldnt be listening to what people are saying when your going to do a jump or rail either, i was talking to a bunch of the guys from park crew for a while and they seem pretty cool, i dunno though, maybe its just me but i think their doing an awesome job, at least their fixing shit, at most other mtn's you got the park crew fixing shit in the morn and then letting shit go all day, so at least their grooming stuff.....

uninc, I think you are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off base here. So far, they have been the most attentive park crew I have ever seen to date. Yeah they could block the jibs they are working on, but to most, it is pretty obvious to what they are doing and everyone respectfully waits.

As far as the quality of the lips or design, not every transition makes everyone happy, talk to them, they are all very approachable and are eager to get feedback.

yea they r fixin shit but there all on 1 of the parks not both at the same time

i did talk to the park crew and he said there was nothin wrong wit the lip

another guy was cool and said that he would say somtin

yea they r better than other park crews but with the crowds that they have been getting and will be getting i dont think the way they r doing it is good enough

Edited by uninc

I've been up a lot, I've seen one or two at Jack Frost but it is much less busy so that is enough. Usually in the freedom park they walk up from the top down and maintain. I'm not sure how they maintain merry widow, I've only been in it a bit because I like the jumps at Jack Frost better. I have seen them pull out the cat and do some mid day grooming which is unusual, but I don't know what determines when they do that. They seem pretty good to me.

I've been up a lot, I've seen one or two at Jack Frost but it is much less busy so that is enough. Usually in the freedom park they walk up from the top down and maintain. I'm not sure how they maintain merry widow, I've only been in it a bit because I like the jumps at Jack Frost better. I have seen them pull out the cat and do some mid day grooming which is unusual, but I don't know what determines when they do that. They seem pretty good to me.