spring mountain trip

rgrwilco

went there today. fun to just mess around for a bit, practiced butters and whatnot. having never been there, i was actually kind of impressed.

has anyone seen the backside of the mountain? they have big ass piles of snow on the trails. from my vantage point they looked near 10 ft high, ill have pictures of them posted in a little bit.

questions for those who have been there during a real winter: do they build jumps or tabletops? also, how many rails do they have? the ones i saw today looked pretty beat, especially that rainbow rail.

i was there a little over a week ago, while driving home i couldnt help but notice one huge ass pile at the base of the backside trails. I went midseason last year once just for fun and yes they actually do have a park. They also have some jibs set up where they do now. On their big park they had about 2-3 table tops and 1-2 kickers. They had i'd say 2 rails and 2 boxes set up also. All fairly old school. Fun for a night though.

heres the pics

springer.jpg

springer2.jpg

just pretty cool to see a mountain no one really talks about with solid snowmaking power. they would greatly benifit from a group like parklogic. anyone want to start a little project? im lazy and dont feel like getting a real job and that would be fun as hell. i got the welding tools.....

Edited by Dirt McGirt

they were double that size a week ago.

that reminds me, last year while i was there they had a medium sized tabletop set up at the bottom, it was hittable by both trails. A guy with skiblades would tuck down the entire non-park slope and hit the tabletop. Needless to say he would constantly overshoot the landing by 20 feet.