Going to Seattle. Need advice.

Luke

I'm going out to Seattle, WA (Redmond to be exact) for an interview with Microsoft. Gonna be there this Thursday (1/11/07) till Sunday (1/14/07). I have Saturday completely open and also a rental car with unlimited mileage (complements of Microsoft :D ). Anyways, my question. Anyone know any good mountains near by? I'm thinking about bringing my stuff and hitting up Mt. Baker but that's like 2.5 hours away according to Google Maps. Let me know ASAP. I've never been there so I have no clue what's around and what's good.

Thanks.

Edited by Luke

I'm going out to Seattle, WA (Redmond to be exact) for an interview with Microsoft. Gonna be there this Thursday (1/11/07) till Sunday (1/14/07). I have Saturday completely open and also a rental car with unlimited mileage (complements of Microsoft :D ). Anyways, my question. Anyone know any good mountains near by? I'm thinking about bringing my stuff and hitting up Mt. Baker but that's like 2.5 hours away according to Google Maps. Let me know ASAP. I've never been there so I have no clue what's around and what's good.

Thanks.

Sweet! Good luck on that interview, I have a ton of family friends that are Microsoft junkies. I spent a lot of time at Alpental when my parents didn't feel like driving up to Baker. From Seattle's eastside/Redmond, you'll be able to get to Alpental in 45 minutes to an hour. If you can wake up early, Baker is definitely worth the drive to ride it at least once, and if you can make it to Alpental in the morning on Sunday then hit that up too. I've been getting phone calls from friends telling me that both places are goin' off. Crystal is also a great choice, but like Baker it is around an hour and a half or two hours outside of Seattle. So my advice if you're not feelin the 2 hourish drive up to Baker is to go to Alpental. They have great inbounds steeps, and if you hook up with any locals they can show you some of the backcountry. Hopefully I don't need to tell you to not try to explore the BC on your own. Almost every week in the Seattle Times there are stories about missing people in the Cascades. Have an awesome time!!! Take some pics and post a trip report when you get back and make me miss home!