Camelback needs to get their act together

stbgskibum247

Without getting into specifics, injuries have not been an issue.

Wouldn't putting "bigger" stuff just draw more people? I understand what you are trying to say, but, I think the opposite would happen.

No... a few (good) features would not make CB more appealing than JFBB, BC, etc. I don't know how much park you ride, or how many other resorts you have ridden park in, but the "scare" phenomenon works like a charm. Gapped features and and rails/boxes 2 feet off the ground really does do alot to keep (most) of those out of the park that shouldn't be there at all. As someone else mentioned for those that can ride, the difference between 6" and 2' isn't that big a deal. It's clear that CB's managment doesn't ride park, and the same things that scare them away from having a GOOD park are what would scare away those that shouldn't be in there.

I'm tired of CB using the fact that LG is a progression park as an excuse for why it is so lame. You can ride progression parks at Blue, BC, JFBB and shawnee that are 10x's as fun, better setup and suprise suprise you can actually progress. I don't want death defying features... flat down flat rails don't interest me, so the Rhodo park as far as I'm concerned is a bit of a pipe dream if they (CB) thinks it's going to save their scene.

I'm tired of CB using the fact that LG is a progression park as an excuse for why it is so lame. You can ride progression parks at Blue, BC, JFBB and shawnee that are 10x's as fun, better setup and suprise suprise you can actually progress. I don't want death defying features... flat down flat rails don't interest me, so the Rhodo park as far as I'm concerned is a bit of a pipe dream if they (CB) thinks it's going to save their scene.

Word... I've said it before and want to say it again. CB has absolutely no clue what they are doing with the park scene. Thier marketing first paragraph park hype is absolutely bullshit. To those who are putting faith in the hype (as I did) do your self a favor, if you care about quality park riding - don't waste your money there!

They apparently don't care about the park scene, they say they do, but they either are totally clueless with poor park management or as I said, they don't really care.

r u kidding, esp this season they would come, right now on the east coast you either have to go north to vt, lake placid, maine, or canada. Creek is usually the place with the park around here. Hell, if you put a nasty urban set up i would hike that beast the whole day, as would any other skier/boarder that knows what they r doing

you don't get out much and have no idea of what you are talking about.

r u kidding, esp this season they would come, right now on the east coast you either have to go north to vt, lake placid, maine, or canada. Creek is usually the place with the park around here. Hell, if you put a nasty urban set up i would hike that beast the whole day, as would any other skier/boarder that knows what they r doing

yeah man you right!! better stay away from BB they dont have shit.. go up north

There would not be a problem with just the beginner park for the first week or two of the season. The problem is that we're over a month into the season and there has been no improvement of the park. There is only so much you can progress on that park and it doesn't take a month to get there. CB would be doing everyone a favor by putting in a bigger rail or two, even people who are just getting in to the park scene. Here's a question for Camelback. Can you really call it a 'progression park' if it's impossible to progress beyond 15' ride on flat boxes?

Once again, I understand everyone's frustration. I think I would go insane if I have to take one more run down Birches or Turkey Trot this season! Get it out of your heads that Laurel Glade should be any different than it is (barring some minor exceptions). It's sole intent it to be a "learning" park for "new" park riders. From my understanding, there has been discussions with the Burton learn to ride peeps on the setup and size (I may be way off on this)(please don't flame me).

CB is NOT concentrating 100% on parks and most likely will never. There is way too much non park business to think about also. They have , however, made many improvements this season (although, most we have not seen yet due to the slow start). The Rhodo is going to be cool. Just be patient, it is only a few days away.

Our main park guys have had alot of say this season in setup and also designed and built most of the new features.

The plain and simple truth is, other areas are concentrating more on parks because they do not see the non park business that we do. If that is all you are interested in than CB just might not be for you. We may not be the best at everything, but, we do it all pretty well.

We may not be the best at everything, but, we do it all pretty well.

average and below average in all categories with exception of the quality of the groomers, pipe when open and the ability to move more skiers to the top, when open.

The part about laurel and a beginner park and the fact they didn't even begin to try to appease the park rats with the dismal start to winter speaks volumes in reference to thier supposed re-focus on parks. The could have esily put out some new rails and invited park peeps a sneak preview if they were truly interested in the future as it has been explained to me. They don't even try.

Once again, I understand everyone's frustration. I think I would go insane if I have to take one more run down Birches or Turkey Trot this season! Get it out of your heads that Laurel Glade should be any different than it is (barring some minor exceptions). It's sole intent it to be a "learning" park for "new" park riders. From my understanding, there has been discussions with the Burton learn to ride peeps on the setup and size (I may be way off on this)(please don't flame me).

CB is NOT concentrating 100% on parks and most likely will never. There is way too much non park business to think about also. They have , however, made many improvements this season (although, most we have not seen yet due to the slow start). The Rhodo is going to be cool. Just be patient, it is only a few days away.

Our main park guys have had alot of say this season in setup and also designed and built most of the new features.

The plain and simple truth is, other areas are concentrating more on parks because they do not see the non park business that we do. If that is all you are interested in than CB just might not be for you. We may not be the best at everything, but, we do it all pretty well.

That pretty much sums it up. BTW I think you mean Tut not Turkey Trot. Personally it's torture not just going down Tut 100 times it's the fact that I have to look down Hump and see it all bare. :(:banghead