Patrol Tip of the Week 4

ski911

One of my pet peeves is people who stand or sit in the middle of the trails or at the unloads of the lifts.

Try to get to the side of the trail to strap in or if you are waiting to "drop in" for a feature. This may also give a visual clue for someone about to take a jump that the landing is clear. Generally, if everyone in the pack is looking downhill and not paying attention to the "crash site" you have a better chance of it being clear. *****DISCLAIMER******* This is by no means a replacement for haveing spotters.

I agree about the hanging out right at the unloading area - then as I was coming up ther was a guy who had fallen and was trying to shimmy to the side, there was an empty chair behind us so I said stay there and we went around him my wife to his left and I to his right and he got pissed at me for telling him to stay still.

i've given up with waiting forever for people sitting on landings, at the end of jibs, etc.

now i just hit the feature and yell get the f*ck out of the way

great idea dude, great idea. I think we all agree that the people who sit right in the way should be dragged down the mountain, then dragged down the road by a car. That might teach the lesson.

How about that mass of bodies that forms accross the trail when you make the left when you get off of the Sully lift and head towards Cameltoe. No don't anybody get to the left or right side. Just drop in the middle and strap in. Way to go.

Or how about the part where you get off of Cleo and head down Honeymoon lane where it is kind of uphill. Everybody just bunches up all accross so nobody can get through. Even if you do manage to keep up enough speed through it you have to stop because Ivan Toolski from the Queens Borough bus trip is there with his buddy Boris Buttfaceovich shooting the breeze.

^word

but i mean if someones droppin in to hit something and some kids in the landing and i see it ill say something

i think that goes for everyone though.

You have the right idea. I've seen a couple times where somebody would wipe out and be lying in the landing and then someone takes the hit and runs into the back of the poor guy on the ground. WTF????

Yeah, it is understandable when you wipe but to just sit there is fookin annoying

Unless you can't move after a fall GET OUT OF THE LANDING. As bad as whatever you did hurts, you don't want to add a second injury to your list of pains.

I ate it hard at JF on saturday. Knuckledragger was the only one to see it, and even though my whole body hurt (bad) for the rest of the day (week?) and it knocked the wind out of me, I was able to clear the landing.