Monday 1/29 Dawn Patrol Report

SkiCamelback

If you missed CB this weekend, you missed out on some good skiing and riding! The Pipe opened, and we had a bunch more trails open. But don't worry -- We have more of the same today, and most likely, no crowds!

We have 25 slopes open, including the New Pipe and the LG park (sorry - same set up), good coverage edge-to-edge with Packed Pow conditions. The Rhodo should be opening later this week.

As soon as I get a more exact date for Rhodo, I'll post.

If you like packed pow, a nice pipe and no crowds -- today is your day!!

SkiCB

Thanks for the update. And a big thank you to the snowmakers/groomers for the conditions over the last few days.

How is it that you are not making any snow despite the low temps? I see the prediction for next weekend is still 26 trails, I would have thought with the weather this week you could have opened the last few trails, or at least the more used ones like Big Pocono.

What gives?

saturday night into sunday night was above freezing

Website this morning showed snowmaking only on coolmoor, and prediction for next weekend "only" 26 trails. Given the progress they have made this last week, I was hoping to see the guns blazing on big poc' and asp today.

Website this morning showed snowmaking only on coolmoor, and prediction for next weekend "only" 26 trails. Given the progress they have made this last week, I was hoping to see the guns blazing on big poc' and asp today.

Big pocono was getting pounded with guns, the trail above it (marc anthony?) had a good 2.5 ft wind lip at noon. Cliffy was also getting lots of snow.

The snow was really good where there was wind protection. In the exposed areas it was typical wind blown hard pack, but during the day it wasn't anything to complain about, I don't envy anyone that will be there tonight though.