Wednesday 1/31 - Dawn Patrol

SkiCamelback

Wednesday -- today I'll try not to post as lame as yesterday..

We have 27 (of 33) slopes open, including the Oak Grove Pipe and Laurel Glade Park. I don't have a report on the LG park set up at this time, but will post after I get it. Conditions are packed pow, with very good coverage - edge-to edge. Snowmaking is continuing on the remaining trails and this weekend we are looking forward to having 100% open.

Todays highlights --

Cliffhanger is open - Who's going to be first (other than SKi911)?

Bumps on Middle Cleo

The Big Pipe

Lastly -- The Half Pipe Fence crisis -- This has been resolved -- yesterday the park guys moved the fence much more up hill. There should be no more problems.

If you like packed pow, skiing bumps and arching GS turns on Clifhanger -- all with no crowds -- Today is your Day!!

Edited by SkiCamelback

oh wait..your reports aren't based on actual skiing.... :banghead:banghead:lol

Doug, you really can be obnoxious sometimes, SkiCB's reports are great for those of us that actually plan to ski at CB especially during the week.

SkiCB, any new on opening big poc? I see the trail report says you've stopped snowmaking on it, I hope that's because it's ready?

I may bunk work on Friday if we get some snow Thursday night, will there be anything new for Friday AM?

Thanks

Edited by Timeless

His reports are the same as the snowphone..he should wait until he actually skis to post a report..of course it's groomed packed powder..at 7:00AM...duh...I'd much rather read an actual trip report from somebody who skied than a marketing guy who is going to sugarcoat everything..

I'm hoping it snows enough Thursday night into Friday for my work to be cancelled so I can get some fresh Poe. Funny that the roads won't be good enough to drive 1.5 miles to work but I'll make it the 18 miles to Blue easily... :wiggle

Sorry for being Obnoxious..

Doug, I can see your point. However, getting daily updates from a mountain employee is very much appreciated and welcomed. If we had every mountain do that here, on one central website, it would be great. No more looking at several different sites or calling several differnet telephone #'s.

SkiCB keep the reports coming! :rock

I can definetly confirm everything Skicb writes. He did, however, forget to mention the "bluebird" day we are having. Bring the sunscreen.

Oh, and I have come to the conclusion that big guys should not ski bumps! The bumps on Cleo are shaping up nice. My legs are killing me.

Update for Today's Dawn Patrol Report:

The Laurel Glade Park has:

Rainbow Box

Log Jib

16' Flat Box

Flat - Down Box

12' Up Box

2 Jumps

and Yes -- the sun is still out. Packed Pow conditions continue...

Disclosure Statement:

The author of this report may not (or may) have skied today. The above stated information on the features/conditions were recieved from sources deemed reliable. Information provided is intended for your consideration, the author may not (or may) have witnessed or viewed the snow, the mountain, the trails, the jumps, the boxes, the rails, the lifts, the groomers, the rentals, or the drink selections in the cooler. All opinions and facts stated are only that of the author. Skiing and snowboarding is a fun sport and should be limited to those that like to have fun as much as possible.

Update for Today's Dawn Patrol Report:

The Laurel Glade Park has:

Rainbow Box

Log Jib

16' Flat Box

Flat - Down Box

12' Up Box

2 Jumps

and Yes -- the sun is still out. Packed Pow conditions continue...

Disclosure Statement:

The author of this report may not (or may) have skied today. The above stated information on the features/conditions were recieved from sources deemed reliable. Information provided is intended for your consideration, the author may not (or may) have witnessed or viewed the snow, the mountain, the trails, the jumps, the boxes, the rails, the lifts, the groomers, the rentals, or the drink selections in the cooler. All opinions and facts stated are only that of the author. Skiing and snowboarding is a fun sport and should be limited to those that like to have fun as much as possible.

:rofl:lol

His reports are the same as the snowphone..he should wait until he actually skis to post a report..of course it's groomed packed powder..at 7:00AM...duh...I'd much rather read an actual trip report from somebody who skied than a marketing guy who is going to sugarcoat everything..

I'm hoping it snows enough Thursday night into Friday for my work to be cancelled so I can get some fresh Poe. Funny that the roads won't be good enough to drive 1.5 miles to work but I'll make it the 18 miles to Blue easily... :wiggle

yeah, it's funny how the drive can be so difficult on some roads and not others.

I at least have a decent mismatch, with 60 miles to work through a ton of NJ drivers vs a few miles to CB to enjoy the fresh snow.

and you're not really sorry, or obnoxious (generally)

Disclosure Statement:

I love it! :devil:

Yea, I'm off friday and if they're 6 inches of snow I'm still driving 60+ miles to get to a ski mountain. You just have to pick a mountain close to highways and its easy so its either JFBB, Camelback, or Hunter. Definetly not Mountain Creek or Blue - a bitch with those back roads and snow.

Edited by Method9455

Thanks for talking about the snow... we went from getting 4-8 inches to Flurries.