1/31/07

n0xidee

Yeah I know it's a day late but I got in late last night and had a paper to do and was at class/practice all day so here it is. Not like many people care about the Knob anyway :).

Pulled into the lot around 1:45. Temp was in the mid teens but with no winds and the sun was shining bright which made the weather perfect. I was probably 1 of 20 cars that were there. Found out the lady who works at the ticket booth is a mom of a kid I know here at school so she gave me the student discount even though its only on Tues/Thurs/Sundays. Booted up and hit the slopes by 2:00. Only the Route 66 lift was open so I got mad vert but the lift is slow. I started with 5 runs going straight across the mountain, Jack Rabbit, Expressway, Mambo Alley, Deer Run, all to Run Out and then Stembogan. The night before we received about 6" of fresh powder and even when I got there and started skiing at 2 I could trace my tracks down each run I went. Felt like I had the mountain to myself. After Skiing those runs I did 1 more Stembogan and 1 more Deer Run to Run Out to be brought up at the top by Route 66 lift. By this time they opened up the Expressway lift. It was around 3:30-4:00 when I guess the local high schools let out cause traffic started to pick up with a bunch of kids. Even with all the high school kids, its about as crowded as Blue Mountain on a Tuesday morning. So basically no one was there. For the rest of the night I basically switched it up from Expressway to Deer Run. Did only 3 more runs throughout the night down to the Route 66 lift. Only stopped for about a half an hour for a slice of shitty pizza and to hit the bathroom. Ended up doing 35 runs and was out of there by 7:30. Be back there again either Sat or Sunday or both. Depends how my nights go Friday and Saturday.