2/4/07

n0xidee

Just getting on for the first time so I will post now while watchin the bowl. Set me alarm for 7:30 so I could try to get there for some first tracks. Didn't work out to well. Went to a big party last night with my baseball team so I didnt get up till 9. Left the dorm around 9:45 and got to the knob at like 10:45. Booted up, got my lift ticket, and was on the hill by 11. It was COLDDDDD. Had to be below 0 with the wind chill. Started with a run down Jack Rabbit, then to Expressway, to Mambo Alley, to Deer Run. Haven't had any new snow and the conditions sucked. Didn't look like they blew any snow last night. All was completely hard packed or ice. I have real shitty skis with no edges at all. Completely worn down so I basically can't ski on anything then fresh snow. After doing those runs I went to the lower part of the mountain to get some pics of Stembogan and Upper Extrovert. Did both of those and then Stembogan again. Stem had some good snow on the sides so had some fun there. Extrovert is rediculous. They havent put bumps on them yet but there are some natural ones. It is STEEEEP. Almost took a nasty spill and it will be the last time I do that. Took some pics which didn't turn out as well as I wanted them to. Wasn't my camera and it isn't the best camera. Also the sun was shining straight into the lens on some. I will try to get them up soon. Skied a few more runs down Deer Run, 1 down the "park" and a few down Expressway. Did 11 runs in total and was out of there in an hour and a half. It was just too cold and I still had a headache from last night.

I was at the Knob on Sunday also. Classic Knob with probably 50 people there all day on a Sunday. The wind on the eastern side of the mountain was relatively calm the whole day. Extrovert was awesome. Ungroomed snow whales down the whole thing. No need to have any other trails when that's open. The western side of the mountain was pretty windswept and very windy, especially at 7 pm. The repair shop guy who is there in the afternoons did some work for me. He's a great guy and does some quality work. Its definately worth getting a tune there.

Hmmm. Keep the reports coming. I was thinking of spending three days at the Knob, Tuesday through Thursday, 2/13-2/15. I am glad to see that they have 34 trails open. I hope they'll blow some between now and then, but my skis grip pretty well on the hard pack. I'm ready for some challenges. Also, maybe some natural snow will be coming our way too. Can always hope for that.