02/04/07

sexkitten

We skied BC from 8:30 to 11:30 and had a blast. The conditions were fabulous although a bit cold. The lift lines were non existent in the morning and totally manageable later which made for a less grouchy Bob. We skied every open trail and they were all beautifully groomed and mostly uncrowded. My favorite run of the day has to be Upper and Lower Extreme to Lower Polar Bear to the quad. Overall we had a great day and look forward to coming back after we get back from KMart.

OK... now for the bitching... I only have two issues this time...

#1. Timberline was closed the whole time we were there which sucked a lot.

#2. The courtyard area was very slippery. I actually fell on my ass on our way out.

i was there too! and conditions were way better than i expected for it being so cold.... i thought everything would be ice. but it was a great afternoon. i'm glad to see the family park coming together.

my only complaint:

-the top of the lift on drifter is still a hot mess. why do everyone's boards/skis get stuck up there? there's always a scary moment when you're off the chair but it's still behind you, pushing you along and your board's not moving....

otherwise, great day! bear creek makes me happy.

Just a quick tip, if you rush over to Timberline first thing on weekends it doesn't get closed until 9am and you can get in a couple runs before the race team uses it for training.

Conditions have been great since winter finally arrived and the forecast looks good for the 10 day!