JF 2-10

bigdaddyk

Today it seemed like at least a 1/4 of the mountain was not groomed. Dematte's Demise was more like Dematte's Death Trap. My first run down it, I was sort of excited to see ungroomed powder. I quickly realized that it wouldn't be as great as I thought, because the snow was blown from tower guns, not fans...hence snow whales. I made over the whales and down to where it starts to run out, then bam....I hit a snow whale that I didn't see because of the shadows. I recovered, but right away, bam another snow whale. There was no way to recover from the last whale. I went flying, along with all of my stuff. It was really stupid to have two whales left ungroomed at the start of a run-out, and in a location where shadows are casted. On the ride up the lift, I saw another person hit the same whales....they ended up going out on a tobagon. Throughout the morning, people kept hitting these bottom two whales and wrecking. An ungroomed sign should have been at the top of Dematte's. I saw a few racers come flying down and loose it, in the same area. The lane from Dematte's to the quad area was also whaled up and ungroomed. There was also a lot of ungroomed snow blow over toward Jane's lane and Lehigh, but that snow wasn't lupmed up with whales. Anyway, other than that one instance, it wasn't too bad of a morning.

Edited by bigdaddyk

You should have used smartstyle...look before you leap...rememberto easystyle it....so was the snow on the whales really sticky??? What were the crowds like?

The mountain was fairly crowded, but the lift lines weren't bad because they had both sides of each lift station opened. I didn't have much chance to look before I lept. The snow wasn't sticky, it was pretty dry, but the two snow whales at the bottom were in the shadows, so you hit them by surprise on your first run down :banghead:banghead .

It's really easy to wipe out on stuff like that..it reminds me of the rollers in the park where people forget to pump for the compression and end up going ass over tea-kettle...

Yeap...hitting the first whale wasn't bad. The problem was that you would start to land on the second one and there was no prep time or time to recover :banghead .