Looking for Still Photographer

johnnypowder

you are freakin me out........... Perdue Farms - Corporate office - Lab Tech 78/79

I shot pics of his first ever chicken house burning to the ground in 1984...it was no longer being used since the town had grown around it up in the north end, but a lot of people cried. Frank was a legend and everything he owned was golden. He once tried to tip me after a press conference---I couldn't accept it, but I always thought of him as a good guy after that.

General question:

I am allowed to shoot photo's even if i have nothing to do with any relation to buckmans and ect right? None of the pics would be for sale or even use, unless the people who i shot contacted me or something.

I work right up the street at Party City (woo come get balloons!), i get off at 4 and i like to photograph some but never photographed snowboarding. Im not a pro i only have a d50 with stock kit and i just want to try shooting snowboarding.

Yea you're allowed. Only under very specific circumstances are you prevented from taking pictures (movie theaters, concerts, etc) but there the competition is in public, thus you can take pictures of it. I'm pretty sure you could even sell them if you want.

i showed up and nothing was really happening..i was there like 515 ish.. so i just left.. the traffic sucked on 309..... but yeah thats this area for you!

why so much hate on such a young kid. im only 17 and this im just starting my second year of shooting. i picked up a cam this time last year.

Ha, no hate on you, Ben...just silly statements like "ben birk owns you all".

You have some fun pics, like the one with the boarder over the clouds. Just keep doing it and listen to every old timer that'll give you advice. I sorta feel like a jerk for being harsh on you just because I was reacting to Rob. I meant nothing bad toward you, so I'm sorry. But NEVER let anyone with harsh words have a negative affect on what you do. Being a photog means you are showing the world what most other people just leave in their cubicle.

One thing: either go off camera with your strobe when working with fisheyes and other ultra-wides or do a better job of diffusing. Even the Photoshop burn tool just won't bring down those hot spots. And, as you know, the viewers eye is first drawn to the lightest part of the image.

Good luck, Ben, and keep shooting.