flexiest park boards.

rideride

I dont know where you guys got that, but i never said i want my stance to be 26". All i said was I want a wider stance and flexier board. I'm at about 18" right now, I would like to go up to about 22" tops. And I don't think it looks "cool" to have a wide stance, I don't know why you guys started sayin' that lol. But i just wanted a new board that has more flex and a wider stance.

lol sorry about that. .. usually when kids say they want to have a wider stance i automatically think huge. woopsy

yeah , which you dont want set back on at all .
im saying that a centered sidecut and symmetrical flex pattern and shape are just as if not more important as a centered stance position. centered stance on a setback sidecut with directional flex and shape is going to be poor. make sure its a true twin designed with a centered stance.

i disagree. to a point.

dechambering is greatly inhibited when exerting force closer to the tips, fact.

i disagree. to a point.

Yea its a fact, simple physics. You have a shorter moment arm when you move your bag leg towards the tail, think if you have a longer wrench it is easier to turn a bolt. That is really over simplifying it, but a good way to look at it.

Sadly too much of my homework recently has been about deflection loads and composites - which hurts my head at the moment, but suffice to say 99.9% of the time it should be harder to bend the board when you move your stance back.

If it feels easier - you are probably more leaning back and riding the board unflexed at an angle, than pressing the board. If you look at one of those nice Jeremy Jones nose presses, its not the board on the nose, its the board bent right in front of the front binding.

Inserts also have a lot to do with flex, the more you have, the stiffer it is underfoot. Also bindings can effect how it flexes too.

I'm still turn on the ollie harder or easier when the back foot is farther back, I don't know if I got stronger or the width helped but when I moved my foot back I felt I popped higher - but it was deeper into the season so it could just have been muscles building up. I haven't done the engineering on it, I don't really care enough to find out for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the Rome Artifact 150 today and I absolutly love it. Earlier in the year I bought the Burton Shaun White on kind a spur of the moment thing and didn't care for it to much. I was looking for a wet noodle and after reading this post picked up the Artifact, amazing!