Wednesday February 28

SkiCamelback

Patroller > Ranger

Heard this one on the lift the other day.

"Yeah the snow is pretty good. You can kind of just sit back on the skis and just ride. I love thses new skis I got. They are about 2 weeks old. I was on straight skis before these. I still haven't gotten used to keeping my feet apart."

You just won't hear that from a patroller.

JF closes the East Mt. at 3:45. Elk closes the Lehigh trail at 3pm.

How many switchbacks are there on the traverse at elk, none; how about JF, none. also the distance covered is at least twice as far if not more.

Glenn, that was one of those things where I was just going to let sleeping dogs lie. And not to mention the rangers are D*CKS. One of them extended a message to 'dude to give to me. I believe it was something like this: "tell your buddy I said that if I ever see him skiing like that again I'm not even going to boot him, I'm going to come kick his f*cking ass." Now I hate to make this sound like a mark miller incident, but this ranger and his rossignol vipers wouldn't know a good turn if it was carved across his back. I mean, cut me a break, I was on slalom skis on meadows, and stayed way clear of what they were doing. I was hoping that he would come straight up to me and say that to my face sometime during the rest of the day. I gladly would have had him fired.

And also Glenn, of coure you won't hear that from a patroller. Patrollers actually need to be able to ski or ride well to do their jobs well. God help me if i ever got hurt at blue. I'd be hoping that ben was around... lol

Edited by Metz the Jersey boy

How many switchbacks are there on the traverse at elk, none; how about JF, none. also the distance covered is at least twice as far if not more.

I don't get quite what you mean - although it might be cuz I've never been to elk.

On the closing times - Mountain Creek closes Granite/Southern sojourn early to get people back towards the base areas. Tremblant closes Le Edge/Solelil to get people back to the bases early, Mount Snow closes some lifts early to get people back to the base, its just been my experience that its normal and kind of makes sense. Its a bit annoying (i almost got a ticket clipped at Tremblant for ducking the rope on Solelil about 2 seconds after they closed it becuase I knew I could get to the bottom before the people who had just been let onto it - the patrollers were nice though and just pointed me back onto the main face)

I don't get quite what you mean - although it might be cuz I've never been to elk.

Eh, I guess that point is kind of invalid after looking at the trail map. There are no switchbacks if you take the diamond. The slower folks wouldn't be on that diamond in the first place.