Home made jibs

Glenn

Yeah, I'm building mine with metal, I figure it will last longer, and I don't have a second board I can detune. Plus, despite the fact that it is my yard, my home mt is CB so, it will be just as good, if not better than anything they have. But maybe if I get a bunch of rails, I may do a pvc rail.

what about piling bricks

it would probably us a cheap plastic board when dropping in on the bricks (the board can almost bend 90 degrees)

plastic boards and pvc do not mix

i prob won't be using my real board in my back yard unless we get a big dump here or maby next winter b/c i am goign to build a snow gun this next summer (my mom thinks it is a great idea) (i never thought she wpuld say i could

what about piling bricks

it would probably us a cheap plastic board when dropping in on the bricks (the board can almost bend 90 degrees) 

plastic boards and pvc do not mix 

i prob won't be using my real board in my back yard unless we get a big dump here or maby next winter b/c i am goign to build a snow gun this next summer  (my mom thinks it is a great idea) (i never thought she wpuld say i could

Watch out. Sounds like shes gonna pull a fast one and when you wanna go to the mountain, she'll tell you to use the yard.

nah i don't live real close to any mountains but it isn't that bad of a drive there ( ican't drive too young) i live in jersey but not near mt creek. last year the way i go to the mts alot was on school ski trips but she says she will take me up on half days and other times

but the back yard deal will be prety good b/c i won't be up as much and once i have a snow gun it will improve.

I dont think it would be that bad, you could get a sheet of plywood and mount some sheet metal on it for pretty cheap, then just lean it agains something... it wouldnt be as good as a real one, but it would pretty freakin cheap

I dont think it would be that bad, you could get a sheet of plywood and mount some sheet metal on it for pretty cheap, then just lean it agains something... it wouldnt be as good as a real one, but it would pretty freakin cheap

That would be sooo sketchy. I sure as hell wouldnt hit it.

That would be sooo sketchy. I sure as hell wouldnt hit it.

It wouldnt be that bad, I'd hit it and I'm not super great at park stuff. And to make it more stable really wouldnt take much money either. A couple of 2x4's in the back, running up the plywood, and at the top some more coming staight down, and connecting at the bottom. In essence 2x4 triangels supporting it, it would def be pretty solid then.

We made a wall ride out of wood for bikes, and it's really easy to make. We propped it up against a tree and then supported it with wood. If you covered it with some sort of fiberglass it would be absolutely perfect, but slick sheet metal I'm sure would be perfectly fine. Freakin' Okemo's is made of wood. Stickiest crap I ever laid my skis on. That thing beat the crap out of me :D. I'd imagine wood would be worse than sheet metal, so it wouldn't be too bad. (At least in my opinion)