Winter Z Games

Gurp

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Just got back from the first round of Z games and I must say it SUCKED large balls. The only thing they had up was boxes, not even a single rail or jump.

The first three hits were all flat boxes, the first one wasn't even a true flat box. It was the box for the sharkfin thing adapted to flatbox use. Three flat boxes in a row was incredibly boring. I ended doing some 270's, fakies, and butters onto 'em.

The Down-Flat-Down box was one sorry excuse for a feature too. It was more like a Down-Down-Down box because the flat never even made it close to becoming truly flat. I just gapped to the second down part for my first run and failed miserably at a switch-up my second time.

The C-box was one of the worst. They had it buried up to its lip so that when you went to slide it, your tips would sometimes catch on the snow and send you flying. In my opinion, it also needs some more slant to it.

The final feature was the first 2/3's of the dragon tail box. In other words, a crack baby rainbow box. Some people were using it as a jump, but I decided to just slide it.

In addition to all this, the lips on everything were terrible. I had to huck to just get a 270 on the flat boxes. The only thing were you could get some decent pop was on the DFD box, and I wasn't about to spin over something tha big yet.

The only good thing was that they re-groomed the whole park just for the competition, so it was true granular and not ice. Granted BB didn't have much snow to work with, but they better shape up for the other comps. Was any one else there for the comp?

yea i was there competing last night, fell in both of my runs so i was kinda pissed, but theres 6 more prelims so no worries.

hopefully theyll have some better park setups for the next comps, in the beginning the park manager was there and apologized for such shitty parks and said that once they get some more snow and the weather gets better that theyll start putting the good stuff up again.

public enemy did you place last night? o yea and if you remember could you tell me who placed for 14-17 snowboarders if you remember because i left early and didnt stay for the results