JF - 3-10-07

I pulled into the lot at 7:45 and it was a warm 31 degrees with a light wind blowing. I booted up and was on the snow by 7:58. The snow started off nice and firm and I bounced around to each trail for my first round. I then went to east mt. and did a bunch of laps....the snow was nice and gripable. After spending about an hour on east, I headed back over to the west part of the mt. and went onto a couple of the side trails, including one named moose. I believe they might have had something to do with cross country, but now they are mainly used to access the condos. After goofing around on the side trails, I went back over to the center of the mt. and concentrated on exhibition. The snow was really nice and soft and carvable by then. There were a decent amount of people out, by then. I became addicted to the snow and did run after run of nice, fast runs with lots of carves in them. I spoke to an empoyee on one of my rides up and he said that JF and BB are looking to stay open into mid April and BB will determine their date after that. That's a rumor that comes around every year, though. At least today I didn't wipe out any. Friday, at Sno, I was flying down switch and in the middle of a deep carve and tipped a little too much into the mountain and went on my side. I checked out the track I left and it almost looked like somebody on a snowboard had carved it. A guy, who came up to see if I was ok, said it was a really beautiful fall...I would almost classify it as a complete body carve instead of a fall :rofl . I was surprised at the number of people who were there, but the $25 ticket for a weekend is probably helping to boost their late season numbers.