Conditions 3/26/7

Ski

Just got back from a late afternoon at Sno...the snow and slopes are MUCH better than they were over the weekend. The bad spot is from the Phoebe down to the top of Cannonball or around to the Iron Horse. Some nasty rocks and the snow is 1/3 mud.

I took a few runs down Boomer and the coverage is great. Edge to edge and pretty deep. Then I hit Smoke, which has some sketchy spots at the top, but really nice bumps through the middle. The moguls are soft and actually have some rythym. Cannonball, once you get to it, is the best, with good snow all the way down. The snow around the bottom of the Phoebe lift is fine, so there are some good laps to be had even if you don't pull out your rock skis.

I took one trip up the Iron Horse...Switch looked okay, but the sun has it down to just a few inch base. Whistler looked to be in much better shape and would make for the best blue square laps. I skied over to Upper Runaway, which was in really good shape, despite how wide and flat it is. I hit Lower Runaway, which had full coverage and you could rip down it.

The moisture has dropped out of the snow, so it was the first really good day of spring skiing. If they can push some snow up around the Phoebe and have a decent path to Cannonball, it would be even better. I skied my slalom rock skis, so I wasn't too worried...no dings, though.

I'd definitely recommend hitting up Sno this week...