Anyone travel by train?

mobile chernobyl

Just wondering if anyone in the Philly, PA area ever travels by train to VT? I looked up some tickets and I geuss they aren't the cheapest or fastest but I got a pretty good deal with amtrak until I'm done college that I'd like to take advantage of. The travel time to Stowe is like 2.5 hr's longer according to mapquest but is that a bad thing when i can sleep the whole way?

Just wondering if anyone does cause unfortunately none of my friends will make a trip like this unless its bike related and i'm not blessed with many if any snow crazy friends haha.

It'd be cool for one day trips in my case

i dont travel by train, but i livejust across the river from philly and plan to go up to vermont after christmas to use my free stratton tickets/ride stowe. i usually have an empty seat or two so your always welcome to join in. i get to killington on a single tank of gas, which is about 30 dollars for me so its much cheaper than taking a train.

Yea true. Theres the Stowe stop I was thinking which is right by the mountain from what it sounded. Theres always shuttle services too.

I'm just looking into it cause i can pretty much go for free, anywhere, anytime so it would be cost effective even if it was 3 hrs longer one way - Esp. if i had someone to go halfsies with on a hotel room. I don't really ski alone either cause i can always just call someone up for a bike ride so I'm kinda screwed in that sense of taking advantage of it.