blue blizzard card ftw

stever2003

My friend Ry and I purchased Blue Blizzard cards last season before I realized that they even had a student discount. The student discount last year was for an all day pass (not even just an 8 hour session), and was $36 on weekends, $34 on weekdays. This year it's $10 off any regular ticket and weekdays only.

Anyway, since Blue won't honor the student discount during the holiday week, I told Ry I was gonna try to use my Blizzard card. The card has no year on it and no expiration date. In fact, is has no dating on it whatsoever. I was worried that it wouldn't be accepted since I purchased it for last season, but figured I'd start by getting in line for one of the younger ticket window girls, and if I was rejected argue that there's no season or expiration date on the card.

To my surprise, they accepted it without much trouble. The only trouble was that the girl had never heard of it and didn't know how to enter it into the computer. Another teller explained it to her and showed her the code to type in off their ticket code sheet and I was set with my $9 discount.

Ry and I were angry that we bought the cards last year since we didn't even use them. I'm glad now that I did get to use it at least once (though for it to pay off you need to use it 4 times) and it will definitely come in handy if I'm skiing on a weekend this year. When the one girl explained it to the teller that I went to, she made it sound like you buy the card once and can use it for multiple seasons. Her explanation of it was similar to what I was gonna argue since there are absolutely no dates on the card.

Anyway, I posted this so that anyone who has purchased a Blue Blizzard card or was thinking about getting one knew more about it. I bought it last year not knowing much about it and ended up not using it. This was a success story and hopefully other people can benefit from this info. (Separate post for this since some people might be interested in this information outside of my TR for tonight.)

I bought a blue blizzard card in November and have used it once so far...lol

The other time I was there I bought the free lift ticket voucher from Doug's jacket for $15 which was cheaper than using my blizzard card...

Although use #2 will be tomorrow..

They scanned mine on the register so I figure you just got lucky this time